Tuesday 4 March 2014

ASM - Photo inspiration ....

....  Good evening - despite all the snow around my house, I know that spring is on the way because it's still light as this post goes live!!!! Yea!  Our challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! this week is photo inspiration, and here's my take:

Be Brave - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Impression Obsession - You Are Amazing
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo
Dies: Spellbinders - Squares Lg (S4-126) #6, Squares Sm (S4-128) #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Cosmo Cricket DP - DeLovely; SU DP - Basic Black; Copics


International Women's Day is celebrated globally on 8th March each year.  This year the UN has designated the theme "Equality for Women is Progress for All".  While there has been considerable progress in achieving equality for women in the West, in many parts of the the world little has changed.  Women have to be very brave, very courageous to stand up for their rights, such as Mala Yousafazi who was shot by the Taliban for standing up for the rights of girls to be educated.  Our challenge graphic shows a Women's Day logo - to unite and support each other.  I've taken the colours from the graphic to make this card.  I used the layout from Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL#282 and the theme of shades of grey at CAS-ual Fridays - CFC#129

I turned the sketch to make a horizontal card.  I die cut the square and stamped the sentiment three times, then used Copics to colour going from black, through shades of grey to pink and then mounted it onto a black mat layer.  I used strips of design paper to make the backing panel.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of black/grey design paper and on the white panel stamped the bold sentiment - "You are worth it".

Be Brave inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Our Guest Designer this week is Darnell if you haven't visited her blog - it is worth a trip.  Not only does Darnell make great cards, she is also one of the kindest and funniest ladies I've met in blogland!  As well as Darnell's card, the rest of the team have some fabulous inspiration cards to share with you. 


Our sponsor is StampArt Designs and the winner of the challenge will receive 5 digi images.  That's all for now!  See you soon.

signature

11 comments:

Kylie said...

Absolutely wonderful, Deb! I love the repetition of the sentiment. Wonderful post about our photo inspiration challenge xx

Nonni said...

Great, strong card, perfect for the challenge!

Darnell said...

Very well-said, Deborah. I've seen no press at all about IWD, which is irritating. I'm hoping I have just missed it.

I think your card is so fantastic for the message, outside and in!!

Thank you for the very nice compliments! Back at you!! Hugs, Darnell

~amy~ said...

Such an awesome card...love the IWD concept...they should hype it up more!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah. Love your striking colour scheme and the shaded letters, fab card. Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

Deepti said...

This is amazing :) I love the gradient inking on the sentiment :)

chera said...

Love that you turned the sketch on its side!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Why haven't I heard of IWD Deborah, what a fantastic card. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

stressfreestamping said...

I love how you repeated the sentiment! The three colors look great together. Great coloring too!

Danielle Vincent said...

I absolutely love that sentiment Deborah and the way you repeated it three times. My future DIL would just adore this card as it is one of her favorite sayings. Really lovely! Hugs D

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful card! Love the repetitive stamping and how you added pink to the grays. Thanks for joining CASual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...