Sunday 30 March 2014

Birthday card ....

... Hello!  I hope you're all enjoying your weekend!  I've been having a great time.  Kathryn has had her friend over for the weekend, which is lots of fun for her and me - I get to play in my craft room as they don't want me around!!  A win-win situation.  Sadly, Jonathan is full of cold and not feeling great.

I've been very busy working on various design team cards - you'll get to see them soon, but I did get chance to make a sweet birthday card.

Owl Birthday - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Dare 2B Artzy - Owl Miss You; Waltzingmouse - Half Pint Heroes, Crackle Background
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa; Stampin' Up! - Sahara Sand
Dies: Dare 2B Artzy - Owl Die
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Copics; Stardust Pens


I think I've mentioned that I love owls!!  Recently I got some Dare 2B Artzy stamps from my local shop, and I found a few more on their website.  This sweet little lady was one of them!  I've used the colours from The Colour Throwdown - CTD#285 and the layout from Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#129.  I made the vertical panel by stamping the crackle pattern in sand and cutting to fit the card.  I stamped the branch across the horizontal piece of card, coloured the leaves with Copics and added a touch of sparkle from a Stardust pen.  I coloured the owl with Copics, adding a touch of sparkle to the centre of the flowers and to the edge of her eyes, she has been attached with dimensional tape.  I finished the front with a simple sentiment which I bent slightly to follow the line of the branch.  The inside has been left blank for my own message.  This one is going into my stash.

That's all for now!  See you soon.

signature

8 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful use of the throwdown colors! Love your fun owl image paired with the crackle BG! Thanks for playing along with us again at Color Throwdown!

Deepti said...

So cute :) love that owl image

Vickie Z said...

Deb.. Love that sweet owl and the WMS crackled BG is perfect!! This for p,anying at CTD!!

Karren said...

Fantastic card! That owl just looks so adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is cute and I like the way the sentiment runs underneath the branch. Lovely to see you win at the Colour Throwdown with that lovely feather card! Vicky x

Heather Rogers said...

This is so sweet, Deborah! I love the soft colors you used on her.

Crafty time is always fun to have. :)

Julia Aston said...

How sweet is this cute owl Deborah! love that crackle background too!

Broni said...

Ahhh! What fun this card is! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...