Saturday 29 March 2014

52CCT - Pick a previous ....

... Hello!  It's the fifth Saturday of the month, and that means we have a "Pick a Previous" challenge here at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  we want you to check out all our previous colour challenges here, select one and make your card; don't forget to tell us which colour combination you used.  Here's my take:

Season's Greetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems
 
Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Festive Flurry, Curly Cute, Delightful Dozen
Inks: SU - Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue; Versamark
Dies: Framelits - Festive Flurry
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue; Gems; Clear Embossing Powder


There's a story behind this card, but more of that later.  I used our April 2013 colours - navy blue, light blue and white.  I used the inlaid die cut technique on this card.  I made the base from navy card and cut a panel of light blue.  I die cut the largest snowflake out of the light blue card and then inlaid the stamped snowflake.  After securing the die in place, I adhered the panel to the card base.  I added a simple sentiment, which I stamped on white card and layered on navy.  I finished the front by adding lots of gems to the snowflake, in light and dark blues.  On the inside I cut a panel of white card, I adhered the pale blue die cut snowflake on to which I stamped the snowflake in pale blue.  I finished by adding a Christmas sentiment.  I also made a small vellum snowflake which I used to decorate the flap on the envelope.


Now, the story behind the card is that this was the second card I made.  I spent most of Thursday morning making this card:

Festive Greetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Papermania - Bauble Decoration; Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season II; Stampin' Up! - Delightful Dozen
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; SU - Night of Navy, Bashful Blue
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 29 (S5-156) #6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Night of Navy; Double sided adhesive paper; Glitter; Copics

I stamped the bauble image onto white card and applied some double sided adhesive and then dipped it in glitter.  I spent ages burnishing the glitter into the card, it was really worth it as the card has a lovely shimmer.  Sadly, when I came back to the card after lunch I discovered bubbles where the adhesive had come away from the card!!!  You can't really see it in the photo above, but you can in the close up below.  I tried to cut a slit into the film and squeeze out the air and get it to restick, here's the result:

Festive Greetings closeup - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsFestive Greetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

So, I made another card and I'm really pleased with it.  For more inspiration cards using previous colour challenge combinations, check out the cards from the rest of the team.  We are joined, for the final time, by our Guest Designer, Scraplady.  Do drop by and visit everyone and leave some comments, we all love comments!!  Looking forward to seeing your cards.

signature

12 comments:

Jackie said...

What a beautiful selection of cards since I was last here. I love these blue/white ones :o)
Jackie xx

Peanut said...

Clean, crisp and sparkly... just how a snowflake should be! A magical card, Deborah.
Have a lovely weekend!
hugs, Asha

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful!

Fabiola said...

super élégante Deborah! très chic, biz

Danielle Vincent said...

Two fabulous cards Deborah! Love the inlaid snowflake. Gorgeous examples of this color combo. Hugs D

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Deb! LOVE the gorgeous image and I ADORE the different bling you used! This is stunning! HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful cards Deborah

Anne

Ruth M said...

Ach, Deborah, what a shame about your first card - I love how that beautiful image looks smothered in sparkly glitter! It's always disappointing when the crafty gods don't smile on us.

However, not totally disappointing because you then bounced back with a fabulous second card! I love that inlaid snowflake with the gorgeous gems! You did a great job with the colours and the insides of both cards are wonderful! I'm thinking the inside of your first card could form the basis of a new card maybe!?

Have a great week - where all your creations turn out perfectly! Ruth x

Judy V said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous! Love the blue color combo for Christmas cards!

Anonymous said...

These are both beautiful Deborah, pity about the first card not working out though. Get yourself some TH Holographic Embossing Powder and you won't have to do that loose glitter and burnishing technique ever again!!! Fabulous stuff! Yeah, I'm glad Winter is almost behind us, it was a bit rough this year to say the least, lol!!

Hugs
Brenda

Louise van Vuren said...

I remember this combo! Blue is one of my fave colours for Christmas when I'm going non-traditional, and I love the stamp on your second card (one of my first Christmas stamps, second hand!) -it is sad that it went a bit wrong, but then you created the snowflake card and that is too gorgeous for words!
Louise xx

Jacqueline said...

Two gorgeous cards Deborah - especially the snowflake - I really wish I had bought those! - Jacqueline xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...