Wednesday 22 April 2020

Gardening Forever ...

... Hello again! It's a glorious day here. Mum and I have been walking around her new garden and it's just lovely. Full of lots of tulips - my favourite spring flower. I've made a quick card for mum:


Stamps: Do-crafts - Go Green Grown & Sown
Inks: Distress Oxide - Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn; Gina K - Black Amalgam
Accessories: White Card; Taylored Expressions - Circle Masking Stencil; Lawn Fawn - Grassy Stencil; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Time Out Challenge - TOC#159 where the challenge is inspired by a quote about gardens and libraries, and to Perfectly CAS - PCAS#08 where they want to see masking.


I decided to focus on the garden part of the word inspiration and I knew I had the perfect stamp for it. I used a circle stencil mask over a white card and placed the grassy stencil over the top, I then inked in the sky and grass. I removed the various masks and stamped the image directly on the card. I also stamped it on some white card and coloured the image with Copic markers. I used a scalpel to cut out the image and adhered it over the stamped image. It's a simple and fun card for mum. The inside is blank for my message.


I've been talking about mum's garden for a while, so I thought I'd add some photos to show how it's changed this year.


This was the garden last year before we started work - it's a lovely garden, but a bit bland and not many flowers.

 

Work started on the garden in January - it was very wet and at one point it looked like a mud pit! But you can see how it turned out. No plants - yet!!



This is the van that brought all mum's plants and trees. And a picture showing some of the plant pots on our drive.


The magnolia tree - it's small just now, but will get bigger. The photo was taken in early April, the flowers are finished now and the leaves are coming in. The side border is new and is full of the most wonderful tulips. Along with some standard roses, peony, allium and more that I can't remember.



More pictures of the tulips in the garden - they are just gorgeous. I love the way the Buddha looks over the pink tulips.


A view of the garden taken from my bedroom window - there's still some work to do, but it'll have to wait until the lockdown is over. There will be a proper path and a water feature - soon!


Mum exploring her garden - it really is a beautiful day today. That seat is a sun trap! That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Perfect sentiment on this lovely card. Brilliant idea to use a masked circle to contain your design. And, I love your garden photos too. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Neets B said...

Love your card with the masked circular scene, and what a great sentiment. I'm in awe of that gorgeous garden, my two favourites are tulips and magnolia so I'd be right at home in there! Thanks so much for sharing the photos and for playing along at Perfectly CAS, Anita x

Gerrina said...

Such a great sentiment! And I adore this sweet/quarqy image! Fits beautiful with your mom's beautiful, totally changed garden! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Julie B said...

I so agree with that sentiment Deborah, the housework has been on pause here for these last few weeks whilst I got my garden in order! I love your newly designed garden, hopefully it will be relishing the rain we have at the moment.
Thanks for sharing at Perfectly CAS. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...