Wednesday 1 April 2020

SHC - Happy Christmas ...

... Hello again! It's one of those days when design teams posts clash. Today I have both a Seven Hills Craft Blog and Christmas 24 Challenge post, so I decided to continue with a Christmas theme. In fact, I used the same stamp set for my cards. Here's the first:


Stamps: Colorado Craft Company - Big & Bold Winter Wishes Snowflake
Inks: Distress Oxide - Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Broken China; Versmark; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Black; Detail White Embossing Powder; Sheer Shimmer Spray - Frost

I'm playing along with The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#68 where it's Anything Christmas Goes.


I stamped the snowflake and greeting in Versamark and heat embossed with detail white powder. Using my blending brushes I created an ombre background with yellow, green and blue distress oxide inks. I love the soft velvety finish these inks give. I made sure to wipe of any excess ink from the images. Then I added some sparkle with a frost shimmer spray. I layered the finished panel on black card and adhered it to the front of the card. It's a large 5" × 7" card - perfect to show off the snowflake. On the inside, I cut another mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped the snowflake in silver and added another greeting from the set. I used the three inks to create an ombre greeting.


My next two cards are one layer cards with a clean, simple finish:


The square card is embossed with plain silver and the other 5" × 7" card is embossed with silver tinsel.  The sentiment on this card didn't work perfectly, so I restamped the sentiment, slightly offset to create a shadow effect. On the inside of each card I restamped the snowflake and added another greeting.


I really like this set. The snowflake is stunning and the fonts used in the sentiments are just lovely. Why not visit Seven Hills Craft shop to check it out?

I hope that everyone is coping okay with having to stay in their homes. It's a very difficult time for us all, but the main thing is to be safe. That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

How to get different looks from one stamp Deborah - this is how to do it! Loving the non-conventional colours on the first card and am interested in the different effects with the embossing powders of the others. I'm a big fan of Seven Hills and it's my go-to for stamps and dies - which let's face it, we all need more of with this staying home malarkey! Take care, Vicky x

Lynda said...

Gorgeous colours and ink blending Deborah. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...