Saturday 4 April 2020

Fly High ....

.... Morning! I hope everyone is well. I've been out this morning for the weekly shop - very orderly queue outside Asda. Everyone seemed in good spirits. Got pretty much everything I need and now back home in my craft room. I've made a clean simple card today:


Stamps: Visible Image - Learn to Fly Again
Inks: Distress Oxides - Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White Card; Taylor Expressions - Oval Masking Stencil; Visible Image Stencil - Cosmic Skies

I've made this card for several challenges:




I made this card in about 10 minutes - took longer than that to come up with the idea, but the actual production, 10 minutes. I used my oval mask and placed the cosmic skies stencil over the top, then inked over with three shades of green distress oxide. This gave a lovely crisp oval stencilled background. I then stamped the feather image in dark pigment ink - I realise now the stencil ink shows through, but I kind of like it. On the inside, I kept it simple, adding a verse and another little feather.


This card is for Ben - I'll be posting it later today when I go out for my walk.

I've been having a fun week - Dyan Reaveley has launched a Day-by Day project on her Dyalog Facebook group to keep us occupied during this stay-at-home period. It's a private group, but if you like Dyan's work, it's a great way to keep occupied. I'll be sharing my dyalog soon. That's all from me today - take care, be safe.


signature photo Signature.png

8 comments:

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card Deborah, I love the masked stenciling! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

Cardsbymaaike said...

Very pretty stencilling, love the birds in the feather, great image. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards.

Jane said...

So pretty Deborah! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

Ina G said...

Great minds! Did you notice our Guest Cornellia used the same stamp. Like your take on our feather word and thank you for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

Dawn Phillips said...

That's unusual and just perfect for our challenge. The stencil pattern is so much a part of the card and not just a background feature. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Cazro said...

I agree with Dawn, a very unusual and interesting card., Great use of the stencil. Thanks again for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

Francesca said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful card Deborah! The use of the spots behind the feather makes it look like it is sprinkled with magic - very Harry Potter-esque! And I thought I recognised the stencil and feather image ;-). Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...