Wednesday 22 April 2020

SHC - Happy Anniversary ...

... Morning! It's been a bit quite on the blog this week. That's because I've been so busy working on my Dylusions Day-by-Day dyalog - it's such good fun. I'll share some photos soon. However, I'm here today with my card for Seven Hills Craft blog. I've made a bold, bright and somewhat different anniversary card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Stripes and Sayings; Avery Elle - Sentimental Too; Lil Inkers - It's Today, Right?
Inks: Gina K - Lipstick, Lucky Clover, Black Amalgam; Versafine Clair - Nocturne, Cheerful, Summertime, Paradise; Distress Oxide - Wilted Violet; Versamark
Accessories: White Card; SU - Basic Black Card; White Embossing Powder; Copic Marker

I'm submitting this card to Your Next Stamp - YNS#137 where they want to see stripes.


I had a very disturbed night on Monday and woke up on Tuesday with the idea for this card. I'd been dreaming of rainbows and hearts, and I put together to make this. I started with a blank white card and used my MISTI to stamp the black stripes. I used Versafine Clair Nocturne ink - it's a very black pigment ink and gives great coverage. I made sure to dry the ink using a heat gun before moving on. I the Stripes and Sayings set there a lovely heart strip and I used that to fill in between the black stripes. This is very easy to do in a MISTI - I put the heart strip in position and then simply move the card up and down to stamp the various colours. I then cut a panel of black card which I adhered to the bottom of the card base. It does make it look as though I used a black card base, but I didn't. I stamped the simple word Love in the corner and heat embossed with white powder. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel added a simple sentiment along with a cute couple.


So, as you may have gathered today is our wedding anniversary. We've been married for 19 years today and the time has simply flown by. It's been a fun and crazy journey so far, and I am really looking forward to whatever comes next. Here's a picture of us at our wedding:


It was a wonderful day, if a bit chilly. Well, that's all from me today. Do drop by tomorrow. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...