Monday 6 April 2020

Coffee, Craft, Repeat ....

... Good afternoon! It was a gorgeous day yesterday. Started off a bit grey, but by the afternoon we had temperatures in excess of 20ยบC, not typical for early April. I was able to go out for my walk and enjoy the sun and birds - it was lovely. In the morning I spent some time working on my Day-by-Day Dyalog - photos to come soon. This morning I tidied my craft space - so nice to see a clear desk, rather then all the stash covering it. Here's the card I made:


Stamps: Altenew - Coffee Love, Coffee Talk, Coffee Ring
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Cappuccino Delight
Dies: Die-namics - Cross-stitched Circle Stax #2 and #3
Accessories: White Card; SU Card and DP - Early Espresso

I've got lots of coffee themed stamp sets (well, I love coffee) so I thought it would be good to play along with the new Caffeine Fueled Paper Play - CLC#04, and I've used the sketch from this week's Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#429.


I started by creating my own background paper using lots of little coffee themed images, and stamping in the appropriately names, cappuccino delight ink! I cut a piece to size and adhered it to the front of my card. I added a thin strip of dark brown card to finish it. I used dies to cut two patterned circles from early espresso design paper and stamped a fun sentiment on the white circle. I adhered the two patterned panels flat to the card and used dimensional pads to attach the middle circle. I finished the front by adding a fun sentiment which continues inside the card with the word "coffee" ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€ I also stamped a coffee ring and layered the white panel on more of the brown design paper.


That's all from me today - hope to see you again soon. Stay home, keep safe.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Karren said...

Your self-made background paper is gorgeous and perfect for the sentiment that takes centre stage. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Judy Rozema said...

How cute! I love the coffee theme and your patterned paper! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lisa said...

Love this! Great design and love the stamped background! Thanks so much for playing along at Caffeine Fueled Paper Play in April!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...