Thursday 9 April 2020

C4Glz - You are my Sunshine ...

... Hello! It's time for our new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz - C4Glz#119; for the next couple of weeks we want to see you use KITE(S) on your papercraft projects. I've made a clean, simple and fun card:


Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Sunny Skies; Unity Stamps - Born to Stand Out
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturn; Distress Oxide - Broken China, Tumbled Glass
Dies: Lawn Fawn - Sunny Skies
Accessories: White Card; Taylored Expressions - Masking Stencil Oval; Copic Markers; Shimmer Spray; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm playing along with CASology - CAS#365 who, coincidentally, has the cue word KITE, and Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#490 - such pretty colours.


I used an oval masking stencil placed towards the top of the card to create the space for the sky. I blended two shades of distress oxide, splashed on some water drops to remove some colour and then spritzed over the panel with clear shimmer spray. On scrap white card I stamped the sun, kite, ribbon and clouds. I coloured all but the clouds with Copic markers and used the matching dies to cut out all but the sun, which I fussy cut out. I stamped a simple, bold sentiment in the bottom corner of the card and adhered all the elements. On the inside, I kept it simple with another little kite and an inspirational quote.


I'm looking forward to seeing what you create that features kite(s). Don't forget to visit our blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the design team. That's all for now, see you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Sandy said...

What a happy and fun card! Made me smile. Thank you for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.
Wishing you a wonderful day!
-Sandy, DT

Jacquie Southas said...

What a fun & happy design, Deborah! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Quillish said...

Aww.. this is absolutely adorable and what a lovely way to incorporate the colors of the challenge! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, hugs ~ Ishani.

Deepti Stephens said...

So happy and so bright. I like it. Thanks for playing with us at CASology. Good Luck! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...