Tuesday 28 April 2020

Happy Birthday ...

... Morning! I hope everyone is keeping well. I've had a fun weekend working on my Dylusions Dyalog and enjoying the lovely sunshine. I woke up silly early this morning, so I did my daily walk at 5.45am - the dawn chorus was fabulous. However, it was grey and it's now trying to rain - hopefully soon, as we really need the rain.

I'm here today with a very clean, simple and graphic birthday card:


Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Random Stripe, Stylish Sentiments Birthday Stamps
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Caribbean Sea
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Basic Black

I'm submitting this card to AAA Birthday - AAAB#12 where they want to see Dots and/or Stripes, I opted to go with stripes. I'm also playing along with Seize the Birthday - STB#189 where Anything Birthday Goes.


This card came together so quickly and so easily. It does help to have a stamp positioner to get the stripes straight! I lined up the 'barcode' image in my MISTI and used a multi-coloured inkpad to stamp the stripes. I really like the simplicity of this image and it would work in so many colours. I added a thin strip of black card along the top of the stripes and finished with a simple sentiment. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel repeated the 'barcode' image, but only a thin strip and added a greeting.


Mum asked me earlier this week to make a card for Jonathan - it's his birthday on Thursday and I don't have many masculine birthday cards in my stash! That's unusual for me. I'm safe to share the card today, as Jonathan won't see this blog post.

That's all from me today - do drop by tomorrow when I've got some coffee themed cards to share with you all. Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Jane said...

Well you know I'm going to love this totally CAS and pared down card! Fantastic colours too. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

Wei said...

Love your CAS design with stripes! Thanks for playing along with us at AA Birthday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...