Friday 10 April 2020

My Happy ....

... Good afternoon! The day has flown by! Today is a public holiday throughout the UK, but since the "lockdown" at the end of March, unless you're a key worker, most days have felt like a holiday. Normally, this would be a four day weekend to celebrate Easter, and many people would be out visiting with family or just going out for the day. But we're all staying home. I've been crafting and I've a simple card to share with you:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Love is Kindness; Concord & 9th - Lots to Say
Inks: Gina K - Black Amalgam
Dies: Spellbinders - Classic Diamonds (S4-288) #7
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Grey Granite; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Colour Throwdown - CTD#588, such pretty colours, Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#430, and Inkspirational - INK#210, where the theme is spring.


I think my all time favourite spring flower is the tulip - so many gorgeous colours, simple and classic, or frilly and full - I just love tulips. So, I was totally inspired by the photo on the Colour Throwdown graphic. I stamped the image on white card, coloured it with Copic markers and used a diamond die to cut out the image. I cut a mat layer of soft grey and adhered the whole panel to the front of the card. I finished with a bold, simple sentiment. I've adhered totally to the sketch at FMS. I did add some sparkle to the tulips and today I've even managed to capture the sparkle in the sunshine. I've left the inside blank.


One of the hardest things about staying at home is that my Mum hasn't been able to go to church. Well, today I found that our local Presbyterian church has a Facebook page and they are producing services that Mum can watch on You Tube - gotta love social media!! Mum was able to listen to her pastor this morning and there's a service on Sunday too.  So happy for my mum. That's all for now.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Your lovely bouquet fits so perfectly in the diamond panel! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Kim S said...

Such a charming image! I love that the rest of the card is fresh white and neutral so those cheerful sparkly flowers are the centerpiece. (I'm glad your mom can still experience church services!) Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Your card definitely says 'spring'! I love the newspaper wrap around the flowers- what a fun element on the image. Beautiful, clean card with a fab sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches! Happy Easter!

Broni said...

Love your tulips wrapped in newsprint! Thank you for playing along with the Color Throwdown challenge!

Pia S said...

I love tulips and I love this stamp. Fabulous layout for a CAS look. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...