Wednesday 29 April 2020

SHC - Caffeine Overload ....

... Morning! I'm here with several cards that I made for Seven Hills Craft Blog. You've probably guessed from the post title that they have a coffee theme! I think coffee is my favourite drink (after gin of course) and I have many, many stamp sets featuring coffee. So, I decided to go through my stash and make some cards. I'm starting with a very clean, simple birthday card:


Stamps: MFT - Whimsical Greetings; Lil Inkers - Latte Love; Lawn Fawn - Scripty Sayings; Reverse Confetti - Be A Barista
Inks: Gina K - Lipstick, Soft Stone, Sandy Beach, Black Amalgam
Accessories: White Card

I've been inspired to make all these cards by the Caffeine Fuelled Paper Play - CLC#04. I'm also playing along with Seize the Birthday - STB#189 where the theme is food and drink, and with CAS(E) this Sketch - CTS#369 and I've flipped the sketch.


I used my MISTI to line up the patterned border images and stamped them in soft grey ink. I used the solid cup and saucer from Latte Love and stamped it in a bright red ink - it really draws your eye! I finished the front by using the flower coffee topper inside the cup, and a punny greeting. On the inside, I kept it just as simple. I used a scripty greeting and added another coffee cup and topping, this time from a Reverse Confetti stamp set.


My next card is a clean, layered and holiday card - featuring coffee!


Stamps: Hero Arts - Coffee Cup Tags; Lil Inkers - Coffee Cozy; Dare 2B Artzy - Poinsettia Tangle
Inks: Gina K - Black Amalgam, Sea Glass, Ocean Mist
Dies: Hero Arts - Coffee Cup Tags; Spellbinders - A2 Bracket Borders One (S5-181)
Accessories: White Card, Copic Markers, Black Embossing Powder; Kaisercraft DP - Holly Jolly

I'm submitting this card to Jingle Belles - JB:20:09 where they have a sketch for us to use.


I found some Christmas paper in my stash and picked a couple of sheets, then I matched the ink to the paper and stamped the sentiment mug on white card. I also stamped the label and cream topping, and used the matching dies to cut out the image. I cut a panel of the aqua paper for the bottom of the card and used a die to cut a fancy lace edge into the red paper. I edge the whole panel with a thin strip of black card. I adhered the holly sprig directly to the card and used dimensional pads to adhere the coffee mug and cream topper. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of aqua design paper and on the white panel added the other coffee mug from the stamp set and a sweet sentiment from Coffee Cozy.


My last coffee project is a coffee mug shaped gift card:


Stamps: Waffle Flower - Coffee Cup Sentiments; Sugar Pea Designs - The Perfect Blend; Lil Inkers - Coffee Talk 2
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Denim
Dies: Waffle Flower - Coffee Cup Die
Accessories: White Card, SU Card - Night of Navy

I'm submitting this card to Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#243 where they want dies to feature, and Caffeine Fuelled Paper Play - CLC#04.


This was such fun to make. There is a video on the Waffle flower site to show how to use the die. I cut the holder from a piece of white card and then decorated both sides.


I used one of the sentiments from Coffee Talk 2 for front and then added lots of little coffee beans all round. On the back of the holder, I used the checkbox image from Waffle Flower. I'll tick the appropriate box before I send it. The insert is is made from two dies, one for the lid (cut two pieces and adhered either side of the main panel) and the main body of the insert cut from white card, the die also cuts two openings to allow a Coffee gift card to be inserted. I added a simple sentiment.


Thanks for sticking with me to the end. I had so much fun making all these cards. Being stuck at home during this lockdown has made me go through all my stash to see what I can create. It is great to mix things up by using products from different companies. That's it for today - see you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

SmilynStef said...

love how you accented your coffee cup with those holly leaves ... so very glad you got sketchy with us at Jingle Belles.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such clever and a fabulous set of cards Deborah.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Pamela said...

such a cute coffee cup die for the card - we all need something to cheer us up these days. Thank you for playing along at C4G!

Dawn Phillips said...

All three cards would suit my husband down to the ground. I love the die cut entry. Thanks for joining my challenge at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Cindy van Oorschot said...

All three cards are wonderful. The die cut one is great, thanks for sharing with us at Cards4Guyz Challenge.
Cindy DT

lauren bergold said...

such beautiful cards, i'm so digging the coffee theme! love the JB sketch card especially, of course, well i'm bound to right? that zendoodle holly is beyond cool and i love how you've used it! so pleased you could join our SKETCH-mas fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Colleen said...

Love your CAS card for our birthday card challenge, perfect sentiment too!
Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...