Thursday 2 April 2020

Happy Anniversary ...

.... Morning! It's a beautiful morning today with bright sunshine, but still a chill wind. We had some much needed rain last night and hopefully tonight too - Mum's garden needs all the water it can get!! I've made an anniversary card today - my uncle and aunt celebrate 55 years this weekend. So, mum wanted me to do her a card to send:


Stamps: Michael Powell - Church; Stampin' Up! - Teeny Tiny Wishes; Uniko - All Occasions Sentiments #1
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Die-namics - Stitched Trad Tags Stax #6, Trad Tags Stax #7
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Strawberry Slush; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Colour Throwdown - CTD#587 and to MFT Wednesday Sketch Club - MFTWSC#483.


I've had this stamp for years - it's based on a counted cross stitch design by Michael Powell, sadly both are long discontinued. However, I think it's perfect for an anniversary card. I stamped the image on white card, coloured it with Copic markers, stamped and heat embossed with clear powder. I used a stitch edged tag to cut out the image and used the matching plain tags to cut out a coloured mat layer. I finished the front by adding a simple sentiment. On the inside, I cut another mat layer of pink card and added a bold greeting - loads of space for mum's message. The card is in the post and on its way.


That's all for today - see you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Lori said...

Beautiful! I agree that image is perfect for an anniversary card and 55 years is certainly something to celebrate. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...