Wednesday 15 April 2020

SHC - Rainbow Bright ...

... Hello again, it's another of those days when DT posts collide! I'm here with my cards for Seven Hills Craft Blog. I decided to revisit some older Concord & 9th stamp sets in my stash, as well as some dies. I've been inspired by the number of wonderful rainbows that the kids in my village have drawn and put up in their windows. So, my first card is a bold, bright rainbow thank you card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Rainbow Wishes, Thankful Turnabout
Inks: Versafine Clair - Cheerful, Summertime, Paradise; Gina K - Lipstick, Lucky Clover, Black Amalgam; Memento - Summer Sky; Distress Oxide - Wilted Violet
Dies: Concord & 9th - Rainbow Wishes, Bitty Thank You; Spellbinders - A2 Curved Matting Basics Set A and B #7
Accessories: White Card; SU - Basic Black; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#04.


It's so easy to stamp this rainbow. Each arch is a separate stamp and it's easy to line them up or even have gaps, so forgiving. The hardest thing is picking the colours to stamp. I've gone for a very bright rainbow using lots of different inks. I find the Versafine Clair inks are so bright - love the yellow. I added the sentiment directly on the rainbow used a bold black ink. I die cut a couple of clouds using the matching die set, and then stamped on the clouds and lightly inked the edges. I die cut a large thank you in black and layered it on a couple of white die cuts for dimension. I used a shaped die to cut out the stamped panel and also a mat layer of black card. I adhered the panels to the card base and then added the clouds and the thank you die. I finished the front by adding a few little red hearts and some shimmer on the words. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped a bold sentiment and some more of the hearts.


I also took a photo of the sparkle on the die cut - it was a super sunny afternoon and the sparkle really shows up - not often you get to see this!


My next card also features a rainbow, but this time I've gone for a soft, pastel look and it's a birthday card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Rainbow Wishes, Mail Drop, Beautiful Butterfly
Inks: Memento - Angel Pink, Summer Sky, Lulu Lavender; Distress Oxide - Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold; Gina K - Applemint; Stampin' Up! - Smoky Slate
Dies: Die-namics - A2 Stitched Rectangles S1 and S2 #9 (both sets)
Accessories: White Card; SU DP - Smoky Slate; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB#187 where the option is Spring Fling, Your Next Stamp - YNS#136 where they want pastels, and to Inkspirational - INK#210 where it's Spring.


I really like the pastel look on this rainbow - not sure which is my favourite. I added a greeting in soft grey and added lots of spring flowers from the Mail Drop set. I coloured the flowers with Copic markers. I cut out with a stitch edged die and layered onto soft grey design paper, and attached to the front of the card. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of grey design paper, stamped the flowers, coloured them with Copics and added a simple greeting.


I know that Tara is getting the new Concord & 9th release, but in the meantime why not visit the Seven Hills Craft shop to check out some of the older sets - so many wonderful sets to play with! See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such happy cards with lots of happy colours.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

cm said...

This set just recently joined my collection and oh, how I adore it! I've been having a play with it the past couple of days. Your cards are rainbow delights; each one uplifting and cheerful! So thrilled to see you in the Inkspirational and HLS galleries!
hugs~c

Glenda J said...

Both of these are so wonderful! I always gravitate towards bright colours so I would have never thought to do a rainbow in lighter tones - but it looks fantastic! Well done! Thanks for much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...