Thursday 23 April 2020

C4Glz - Your Sparkle ...

.... Morning all! I'm here today with my card for our new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz - C4Glz#120 where we want you to use BLACK and PINK on your cards. I've made a reasonably clean and simple card for my gorgeous daughter.


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Your Sparkle, You're Lovely
Inks: Distress Oxide - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick; Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Amalgam
Accessories: White Card; Taylored Expressions - Oval Masking Stencil; My Mind's Eye DP - Kiss & Tell (pink); Black DP from stash; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer brush; Imagine - Sheer Shimmer Spray Sparkle; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to The Paper Players - PP#487 where they want to see Sparkle.


I put the large oval mask on my card base and used two shades of pink distress oxide to fill in the oval. While the mask was in place I spritzed on Sparkle shimmer spray, removed the mask and allowed the spray to dry. Once dry I stamped the large sentiment in the centre of the oval and heat embossed with clear powder. I stamped this lovely body form to the left of  the sentiment and embossed with clear powder. I stamped the image twice more, once on black design paper and once on dark pink. I heat embossed both and then fussy cut the skirt and top parts and adhered them to the image. I added even more sparkle using a clear Nuvo aquashimmer brush. You can't see the sparkle in the image above, but I have taken another photo to show the sparkle - it's so sunny it really gleams!! On the inside, I cut a mat layer of the black design paper and on the white panel added a greeting, along with another of the body forms.




The reason I've made this card is that Kat has missed not one school prom, but two! We left Michigan in September 2018 which meant that Kat missed graduating with her class of 2019, and so didn't go to a prom. However, she joined the sixth form at the Alun School in Mold, and we said that at least she'd have the end of year party to attend this year. Sadly, with the lockdown and all schools finishing last month, Kat and her friends will not be having a prom. I've suggested that they get together once the lockdown has been relaxed and then she can party! But, in the meantime, I've made this for her. Kat has always liked the You're Lovely stamp set - in fact I've used the prom gown in the past to make her birthday cards here and here.

That's all from me for today. I look forward to seeing what you create with our colours of Black and Pink. Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! poor Kat no prom, but your advice is good, Dress up and go party when this is all over. I love your card and the insert too.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Deborah your sparkly outfit is just fabulous and I love the way it frames your sentiment and oval. Such a shame your daughter has missed another prom - this dreadful virus is proving so disruptive to so many. A party at the end of it all is hopefully at least something to look forward to. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Deborah, I love this card! The sentiment is so true! Your little dressed up mannequin is so fun! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun card! Love the pop of sparkle, the fun sentiment and of course, all of that pretty pink. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Leslie Larkin said...

I love what you did for the Black and Pink challenge. Your card is very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...