Saturday 11 April 2020

Happy Birthday ....

... Morning! I'm sharing a clean, simple and humorous birthday card that I made for my father-in-law. It's his birthday today, and postal service permitting, he should have got the card today, so I am okay to share it here now:


Stamps: Inkadinkado - Humorous Birthday
Inks: Distress Oxide - Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke; Gina K - Black Amalgam
Accessories: White Card; Istencil - Inverse Square; Taylored Expressions - Square Mask Stencil; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I'm playing along with The Male Room - TMR#133 where they want to make us laugh, CAS on Friday - CASOF#177 to use black, white and one other colour, and Addicted to Stamps and More - ATSM#384 where it's clean and simple week.



I've used this cute lizard on several masculine birthday cards because he just works so well. I put the square mask stencil over the card and taped it in place, over the top I put the inverse square stencil and then added distress oxides in shades of grey using a blending brush. I do like these masks, they make it so easy to create crisp stencilled areas. I used my MISTI to position the image and words and stamped directly on the card using black amalgam ink. I then stamped the lizard again and coloured him with Copic markers. I carefully cut out the body, edged the image with a black marker and adhered him to the card. I added some shimmer to the body - sadly can't see it in the photo. On the inside, I kept it very simple and used another of the cute images from the Inkadinkado stamp set.


I know this card works because Kat burst out laughing when she saw it!!

It's a four-day Easter weekend here in the UK, but as we're all on lockdown at the moment, it really just feels more of the same. However, we are not allowed to go out and visit places, so we're enjoying the pleasant spring weather in Mum's garden. Strictly I'm upstairs in my craft room, but I do venture out occasionally. That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Darnell said...

This is a hoot, Deborah, and I love your design with the gray stencil background against the vibrant green of the "dude" frog! A perfect guy card with a great sediment! Take care, be safe, and enjoy the Easter weekend as best you can!! Hugs, Darnell

Jacqueline said...

He is so cute Deborah and the sentiment is perfect too - love it! - Jacqueline xx

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Such a fun and gorgeous CAS card! Thanks for playing along with CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a fun card, love the background and the lizard, a Super card Deborah. With both my hats on - Thank you so much for joining us in our Make Me Laugh challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Faith The Male Room DT

Lise Mariann said...

Haha!! Such a fun card! Love that cheeky lizard! And the fun pop of color it gives the card. Thanks for joining us in the "Make me laugh" challenge at The Male Room.

Sending you lots of crafty love
Lise Mariann, DT The Male Room

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...