Sunday 5 April 2020

MM - Still Kind of a Mess ....

.... Hi! As well as making cards, I like to play about in my art journals. In February I joined in with the Dylusions Facebook Challenge and I was lucky enough to be picked to be a Guest Designer for the April challenge. This is the page I made:


Stamps: Dylusions - Down in the Woods, Glorious Blooms, The Cat & I, Fish Face, Ocean Backgrounds
Inks: Dylusions Sprays - Crushed Grape, Bubblegum Pink, Cherry Pie; Versafine Clair - Monarch; Dylusions Paints - Black Marble
Accessories: Dylusions Large Journal; Dylusions Stencils - Squares, Luscious Leaves, A Stitch in Time; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush; Sakura Stardust Pens; Dylusions - Bigger Back Chat Set 2

I found the page already inked and ghosted in my journal. I simply added some background stamping, outlined some of the ghosted images and added a border all round. When our daughter was born she ended up with the nickname "Fishface" - no idea why, but she did. So, when Dyan released the set Fish Face I had to get it, and it's been a favourite of mine ever since. I use the fish head image often, and I like to colour the scales like a rainbow - it always reminds me of the story "The Rainbow Fish, by Marcus Pfister" I used to read to Kat. On this page I've put the head on the body from The Cat & I - love the long body! I used Copic markers to colour all the images and added sparkle to several area with either Sakura Stardust pens or a clear aquashimmer brush. I finished the page by adding some words taken from Bigger Back Chat Set 2.

The page was created about the same time as I did my Covid-19 spread, so the words sort of continue the theme. I guess that many of us are experiencing varying degrees of stress and anxiety, so I worked out some of mine on this page. I took a close-up photo of Fish Face and her jacket where you can see the shimmer and sparkle.



I'm submitting this page to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#45, where it's Anything Goes.

That's all from me today - bye for now!

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Dorlene Durham said...

This is a fun journal page. Congrats on being a Guest Designer! Thanks for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

Aimeslee Winans said...

Yes, such a fun page, Deborah, love it! Thanks so much for playing with us at Love to Craft Challenge Blog! XXO, Aimeslee DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...