Thursday 23 April 2020

Books and Coffee ....

... Hello again! I do hope everyone is keeping safe and well. I'm sure that like me, many of you are beginning to go a bit stir crazy. My main method of keeping sane while stuck inside is crafting, but the other method involves books and coffee, and this is the card I made:


Stamps: Stamplorations - Good Books & Coffee; Lil Inkers - Coffee Cozy
Inks: Gina K - Black Amalgam, Sandy Beach
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Just Us Girls - JUGS#532 where they have colours for us, and I have to admit that I found these colours very challenging, until I found this stamp! I'm also playing along with AAA Cards - AAA#163 where they have a sketch challenge (I've skipped the option of it flies).


This is a really clean, simple one-layer card. I stamped the image and sentiment directly on the card base. The mug in the image doesn't have a pattern, so I added the flower from the Lil Inkers set, along with the subtle steam image. I used Copic markers to colour the image and added a touch of sparkle to the flower and steam. On the inside, I simply stamped a quote from J D Salinger which, I think, is so appropriate for our very weird times.


That's it from me for today. Hope to see you again soon. Keep safe.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Bobby said...

You came through the troublesome challenge with flying colors, Deborah. Pun intended. ;) Such a great image and inside sentiment. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

ÅsaJ said...

Lovely CAS card and great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

Jane said...

Yes crafting and books for me too Deborah, although I'm a herbal tea drinker rather than coffee. Fab use of the sketch. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

Nancy said...

Read good books and drink tea would suit me better LOL! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

Buffy said...

Lovely card Debs.
A good book would be nice but I'm up to my eyeballs making scrubs for our local hospital. And group chatting with my granddaughter every chance I get ;-)
Glad you are still posting
Hugs Buffy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...