Saturday 6 October 2012

Two for Card Making Day ....

....  I was on a roll yesterday and got a couple more cards made for World Card Making Day.  My first card is for the following challenges:

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and we ALL need to be aware and take care.  Check yourself out and if you find ANYTHING, get to the doctor.  Don't forget to remind all those you love and care about.



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Lil Buddies, Playful Pinwheels
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinders: Scalloped Circle Lg (S4-124) #3, Circles Lg (S4114) #4
Accessories:  SU Card - Pink Pirouette; SU Pen - Melon Mambo; Promarker - Ice Grey 4; Ribbons, doily and card from stash

My card is simple and I followed the sketch quite faithfully.  The doily is from my local supermarket!  I coloured the little hearts with SU markers and Promarkers.  I had fun making the pink ribbon ;))))  I think this sentiment says it all!

My second card is for this week's CASology - CAS13 challenge and the cue word is "ZOO"!!!  Really!!!  This had me stuck until I remembered my Lil Buddies stamps.  This is not an original idea - it's to welcome a new baby.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Lil Buddies, Frame-It
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress - Mowed Lawn, Faded Jeans
Accessories:  Promarkers; card from stash

I've used one of my favourite layouts and this super frame from Waltzingmouse to focus your eye on the image and sentiment.  I stamped the lamb directly onto the card, added some subtle shade with Promarker, masked him off and then added a stencil and some colour to suggest the ground and sky.  



That's all for now - must get ready for my marathon crafting day now!  Have a super day!!


16 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

they're both great Deborah - I do love the little sheep though :-)
Happy World Card Making Day!
Tara
x

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are darling Deb! Love the pink ribbon and sweet little lamb! Happy World Card Making Day!

Rosemary said...

lovely set of cards, deborah... the CASology card is just too cute! thanks for playing along with CASology!

Sylvia said...

Happy World Card Making Day, Deborah, your cards are lovely the second one so cute. Thanks for sharing them with us at the colourQ.

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely cards Deborah but just love that sweet little lamb

Anne

Monika/Buzsy said...

Pretty cards Deb. Love the pink ribbon with the doily... such a great cause!
The soft sponging is awesome on the darling baby card.

Kara said...

Such pretty cards!! Thanks so much for playing with us at the ColourQ!!

Ger said...

Two gorgeous CAS cards! Ger x.

~Tammy~ said...

Deb, two wonderful cards!

The first is so encouraging and elegant!

The second is just too cute!

Vicky Hayes said...

Two very different cards and both gorgeous Deborah! I love the feminine but strong feel of the first and the soft colouring on the second. I bet you've been enjoying the world card making day celebrations! Vicky x

Melissa said...

Oh, so sweet! What a cute little lamb and I love the sponged scalloped circle! A perfect CAS baby card! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Judy1223 said...

Deborah, both cards are fabulous! I must say I adore that little lamb...what a great one-layer, CAS card! The shading and masking are amazing, so soft and subtle but perfectly done! Great card!

Pamela said...

Love these!! Great work! :)

Kimberly said...

Deborah - both of these cards are really great! I love the doily peeking out on the first one. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michele Gross said...

Lovely card! Actually they are both really great! Thank you for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Christina said...

Two super sweet cards, Deborah! I love that you made your own pink ribbon and used that beautiful doily behind it. Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...