Monday 1 October 2012

Picture perfect .....

...  Good morning to you - it's another beautiful day here in Northville!  Don't you always feel better when the sun shines?  I know I do.  I've got a couple of things to share this morning - the first is a card for two challenges:




Stamps:  There She Goes - Oh Snap!
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Peanut Brittle
Accessories:  We Are Memory Keepers - Travel Light DP (free with Simply Cards & Papercraft); Promarkers - Warm Greys 1 - 5, Spice, Marsh Green; SU Card - Early Espresso; Card from stash

I think I may have mentioned (a few times) that my hubby, Jonathan, is a very keen photographer.  This card is for him.  He's off on a business trip shortly to Las Vegas (I don't get it either) and in his free time he'll be taking photos - lots of photos!!!  This card came together really quickly.  The backing paper is actually one sheet from the Travel Light pack cut to fit the card base.  I added the dark brown panel.  I stamped the camera, pin tacks and film roll onto white card, coloured them with Promarkers and cut them out.  Do you remember real film??  I made a backing panel for the main camera image with another of the smaller images from the set, using the second impression to give a subtle finish.  I added the sentiment by gently bending one of the greetings in the set to fit into the curve of the film.


I told you yesterday that Kathryn and I would be baking cookies and muffins - we did it!  The smell was so delicious that it was hard to resist temptation.  To be fair, I let Kathryn have a couple of cookies :)  Kathryn did all the preparation and making, I simply packaged!!  Here's a photo of our goodies.  I'm taking them to school today and the sale is tomorrow.



We made enough cookies for three plates of six, and the same for the blueberry muffins.  I have to own up to the fact that we did cheat a bit - they are packet mixes!!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Faux Fun Circles, Gingham & Co
Inks: Distress - Pine Needles; Big 'n' Juicy - Spice
Spellbinders: Circles Sm (S4-116) #4, Crown Circles (S4-302) #3
Accessories:  SU - circle punch; Card from stash

I do anything very fancy for the packaging.  The muffins and cookies have been put into sealed zip-loc bags and placed on plates.  I made the paper bands by stamping a large sheet of brown card with the small gingham print, cutting 1½" strips and fitting them around the plates.  I prepared the labels on the computer using some clip art and text, punching them out with a circle punch and layering onto two circles.

Have a super day - see you soon!

9 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

well the packaging of the cakes looks pretty fancy to me! Hope the sale goes well.
The card is as the sentiment says - picture perfect - I LOVE that set it's one of my fave TSG ones (and yes I do have a fair few faves of theirs I know lol!!!)
Tara
x

Cat's sCrap said...

Great card. Beautiful colours. Interesting theme. Great job !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week and good luck !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Laine said...

Fabulous card, perfect for our For a Guy Challenge. Loved the look of all of the goodies. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Hugs
Laine
X

Stamps and Paper said...

I am sure Jonathan will love this fabulous camera card.
Your cakes look so delicious...

Anne

Buffy said...

Hello darling,
wonderful card, love love love that camera.
Great packaging I'm sure they will go down really well.
Hugs
Buf xx

Shannon White said...

Oh I love this Deb!! The camera fil and push pins are Soo Fun!! Love it! Super mix of stamping and dp's too! So glad you could join us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cool card Deb! Love the camera image and the filmstrip! Perfect colors too... I am so glad you played along with us again! Thank you!
Those muffins and cookies sure look awesome! Yummy! Now I am hungry!

Bubbles said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

Janice M said...

What a fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...