Monday 1 October 2012

St Luke's Charity Card Challenge ........


..... It's the first of the month and that means it's time for our new challenge at St Luke's Charity Card Challenge.  There are only 86 days to go before Christmas day!!  Seriously!!!  If you haven't started on your cards yet, then our challenge is perfect:

Clean, simple designs with lots of white space


I made two cards to share with you - variations on a theme!!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Sewing Box Christmas; Woodware - Christmas Borders & Vertical Words FRCL017
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Cuttlebug EF - Snowflakes from Winter Wonderland; SEI Designer Paper - Berry Melody; Card from stash



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Sewing Box Christmas, 2011 Holiday Ornaments
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Cuttlebug EF - Snowflakes; SEI Designer Paper - Berry Melody; Card from stash

To add interest to my clean, simple Christmas cards I have used embossed backgrounds.  Then I added a touch of colour by using some patterned paper onto which I attached the white embossed layer.  I added a simple, homespun snowman to each card.  On the first card I stamped the sentiment before embossing and on the second I stamped the tree.  I finished the second card with a simple sentiment added after the embossing.  While the designer paper has busy patterns  the top layer has lots of white space with snowflake details!

I am submitting these cards to the Waltzingmouse Christmas Card Challenge too.  I'm running very behind on these challenges, but it's never to late to link up, which is fortunate as these are for the June challenge where we had to use stitching on our cards - real, faux, transfer or stamped.  Mine are stamped!!


Click on the links below for more inspirational clean and simple Christmas cards:


Oh, yes before I go, I must let you know that there will be a prize for this month's winner - and it couldn't be more appropriate.  Donated by Claire Brennan, the prize for our October winner is a Christmas set called "Twas the Night Before Christmas".


Good luck!  Looking forward to seeing your cards - have fun!!

8 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Two lovely cards Deborah, great embossed background and a cute snowman

Anne

Jean Martin said...

Deb these are wonderful! I should add these to my list! It's growing while I'm waiting for some of my other stamp sets to become available. :)

Charmaine Stack said...

Great CAS cards! I especially like the one with the tree tucked behind Mr. Frosty!

Pauline said...

These are both adorable Deb!

Jackie said...

Two lovely snowman cards, love the embossing :o)
Jackie xx

Tara Cardwell said...

These are just perfect for mass production Deborah - the stitching detail is so cute and the snowflake backgrounds makes it really wintery feeling. Gorgeous :-)
Tara
x

Lynne said...

Fabulous cards Deborah. Love the embossed background and the snowman is sooo cute.
Lynne xxx

Susan said...

That little snowman and tree is just too cute! I love it in both the green and the red....although I think the red really pops out a bit more...and love the sentiment on that one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...