Sunday 28 October 2012

CR84FN66 - Together Always .....

... Can you believe that it's almost the end of October - this month has flown by.  The upside is that it's time for our new CR84FN66 challenge.  I think our colours are really beautiful - grey, tan and cream.  The inspiration photos are courtesy of  Magnolia Rouge and are just gorgeous.  And isn't that quote from Dr Seuss just brilliant?


My card could be for a wedding or for an anniversary - I opted for a really luxurious look.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Florentine Frippery, Vintage Labels 25, Fancy Phrases
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Crumb Cake
Spellbinders: Labels 25 (S5-077) # 3 and 4
Accessories:  Kanban Design Paper - Platinum Collection; Embossing powder - clear and silver; Ribbon and card from stash

I've had this Kanban paper in my stash for ages and decided that it was time to use some.  I love the combination of grey with silver flourishes - very elegant and the perfect background for my card.  I stamped the bottom layer of the frame in Versamark, heat embossed with detail silver powder and then cut it out with the matching die.  The top layer was stamped in Versamark and Crumb Cake and heat embossed with clear powder and die cut.  Then I stamped the sentiment "Together Always".  I used dimensional tape to adhere the smaller label to the base label.  I attached some cream satin ribbon to the card and then attached the label.  I finished off with a little satin bow - I actually made one that looks decent!!!  Oh yes, I added a few pearls too.

For more inspiration using our CR84FN66 colours, click on the links below or go directly to the CR84FN blog.

Mona Pendleton, Sue Lelli, Pauline Pollington, Heather Jensen, Andrea Matthews and Shannon White.

We will be having a quiet day today, just chilling together.  Whatever you plan to do today, enjoy!  See you soon.

12 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful and definitely luxurious Deb! Love the fancy background and the layered label! The pearls add such a touch of elegance!

Shannon White said...

Wowie Miss Deb! Definitely Elegant and Very Luxurious! What a Fabulous Wedding/ Anniversary card! Loving the layered labels and Wonderful touch of silver too!

Hugs
Shannon

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Deborah and love your gorgeous backing papers..a very elegant card

Anne

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Deb, I love these WMS labels, they add so much class and elegance to a design, and they match your backing paper perfectly. Wonderful card!

Jackie said...

A beautiful selection of cards since my last visit Deborah, I love that lizard :o)
Jackie xx

Paula (PEP) said...

This is beautifully elegant - I think these colours are just an amazing combination) - doesn't grey & silver with the cream & tan look stunning. The Kanban card swirls really pick up on the swirls in your stamping too.
Paula (PEP)

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So elegant! So beautiful! Love it!

Heather Rogers said...

What classy card design. Love your WM labels and sweet little bow. :)

Vickie Z said...

Very elegant! Love the labels...perfect!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh those colours are stunning! I love your layered labels Deborah - and the bow! Vicky x

Unknown said...

So elegant Deborah! I love how you used the colors for the challenge and I'm a big fan of that label too. :)

Helen Berry said...

Wowee Deb - this is SO luxurious you're totally right. Beautiful labels and that platinum background paper is stunning. Really wonderful card ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...