Monday 15 October 2012

Coffee solves everything ....

.... well, I think it's pretty good at solving most things :)   I love a good cup of coffee and I've used that theme on my card for the following challenges:




Stamps: Verve - Better With You; My Favourite Things - Clearly Senitmental About Coffee
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Soft Suede, Peach Parfait
Accessories:  SU Card - Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride; Glitter and card from stash


There's a new CAS challenge in town - the team provide a sketch for us to play with.  I've teamed the sketch with this week's colours from The Play Date Cafe - mine is very clean and simple.  It was really quick to make.  I stamped the coffee cup several times onto cream card, cut them out, glued them to a backing card.  Then I stamped the cups again onto coloured card to make the cup bands.  I finished off by adding some coffee circles, some steam and a sentiment.  It's hard to see in the picture above, but there are lines embossed above and below the row of coffee mugs - check out the image below.

The light here isn't great today and it's made taking photos really tough.  I think I need to invest in a small photo booth with some decent lights.  And that's all for now - off to get dinner ready now.  I've had a really fun day - equal amounts of tidying and playing.  See you tomorrow.

20 comments:

Ardyth said...

And whatever coffee doesn't solve, sparkle does! Love your steam and the 'authentic' coffee marks!

Unknown said...

What a great card! I adore coffee cards and collect coffee-related stamps. Thanks to you I've just found some new stamps to add to my wish list!! Your blog is lovely and your card is fantastic!

Tara Cardwell said...

love the coffee stains! touch of genius...
Tara

Buffy said...

Fabulous card Debs.
Can't wait to share a coffee with you again.

Buf xx

Kim S said...

I so love this...such a creative way to accent one coffee cup with the steam! And the coffee circles are so cute! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Stamps and Paper said...

Nothing nice Deborah than a lovely cup of coffee....great card and love the sentiment

Anne

A Consuming Passion said...

Great card Deborah! Love your hot cups of coffee...especially the added sparkle!

A Consuming Passion said...

Great card Deborah! Love your hot cups of coffee...especially the added sparkle!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Sparkle and coffee my two favorite things! Great job combining challenges Deborah! Wonderful card!!! So glad you played along with us in our very first challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Unknown said...

I so agree! Coffee solves everything atleast for me:) Love all the glitter. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch:)

Vickie Z said...

Love this card!! Wonderful use of the sketch and colors! Love the blingy steam!!

Chrissy Larson said...

I love how you combined challenges so flawlessly! I totally agree that coffee solves everything. I'm sitting here with a cup as we speak. :) Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch! Hope to see you again soon!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ha ha! Great sentiment! The row of cups and the coffee stains are perfect! I really love the glittery steam. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful Deb! Love how you added color to the sentiment and shimmer to the steam!

Pauline said...

Fab card Deb! Love those coffee cups!

Arlene said...

Brilliant card, love the sentiment.

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this graphic design Deborah! Those coffee cups are perfect for the sketch and the colours are great! Vicky x

~amy~ said...

Yahoooooooooo for coffee:) Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jodi Collins said...

How SUPER cute!~ LOVE the row of cups and the glittery "steam"!

Darnell said...

Deborah, this is such a fun take on the new challenge! Just love your "steam" and your actual coffee stains - very clever!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...