Saturday 27 October 2012

Thanksgiving ...

... Hi, I hope you're all having a good day - I'm having lots of fun just chilling with the family.  Jonathan has been watching football (UK Premiership) on the TV, I've been crafting and Kathryn has been playing on her PC and chatting with friends in the UK.

Today's card has been made for two challenges - Colour Q - cQc160 with fabulous autumn shades and Mojo Monday - MOJO264 - great layout.


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Four Seasons (Hostess set), Uniko - Wonderful Washi
Inks: SU - Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Spellbinders: Squares Lg (S4-126) #7, Circles Lg (S4-114) #4, Classic Scalloped Circles Sm (S4-125) #5
Accessories: Martha Stewart Punch; SU Design Papers - Rich Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango; Uniball White Pigment pen; Card from stash


I did consider making a Halloween card with these colours, but opted instead for Thanksgiving - the colours are just so rich.  I don't have Kiwi Kiss so substituted Old Olive.  I cut a panel of Rich Razzleberry and attached it to the punched leaf border and adhered it to the card base.  I cut a square using my Nestie and added some faux stitching to define it.  I cut the large scalloped circle and mounted the stamped image onto it.  The image was coloured with Stampin' Up! pens and cut out with a circle Spellbinder die.  I finished off by making the banner with the Wonderful Washi stamps from Uniko - so pleased I got them - and some leaves and a pearl.

That's all for today, but do drop by later for the new CR84FN  challenge.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Fabulous card Deborah, great mix of colours.
Congrats on your Play Date win, well done you.
Lynne xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous card Deborah love your layout and colour combinations

Anne

Jen Mitchell said...

It's so fun to create something unexpected like a Thanksgiving card with Halloween colors! Nice take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Sylvia said...

Lovely Thanksgiving card, Deborah! Thanks for sharing you card with us at the colourQ.

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah this is gorgeous, I love the soft leaves. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...