Tuesday 2 October 2012

A one for three ....

... Good afternoon - just popping in quickly to share the card I've made for the following challenges:




Stamps:  Verve - Wings of Love, Stronger Love
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  SU Card - Pool Party; Twine and card from stash

I got these fabulous new stamps from Verve this week and thought they were absolutely perfect for this week's Less is More challenge of Love & Marriage.  At Dynamic Duos the colours are Cherry Cobbler (again perfect for love & marriage) and a choice of my own - I picked Pool Party as the soft, turquoise really make the cherry colour pop!  And for the layout I used this week's Retro Sketch which I've turned through 90°.



I think this sentiment is absolutely true - my someone is Jonathan, my wonderful husband and best friend.  I rounded the corners of my card base and did the same to the two mat layers.  I stamped the hearts on white card and cut them out.  I attached the wavy hearts directly to the panel and then wound round some white twine.  I mounted the panel to the card with dimensional tape - I did some careful stamping before all this to make sure that the tail of the "l" was in the right place!!  I finished off with the winged heart - stamped once on white card in red, and then on Cherry Cobbler in black - cut them out and attached to the card with dimensional tape.

That's all I've got time for now - I'm off back to school this afternoon to help out on the Bake Sale!!  I was in this morning at the Book Fair (came home with a couple of new books for our library) and now back again!!  See you tomorrow!

21 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, I love this. The images look like they were drawn free hand and the one with the wings is perfect. Everything is so beautifully coordinated - a winner!

Mynn xx said...

This is so sweet, Deb! LOVE that sentiment and I adore the coloring!!! :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Just love this card Deborah and te sentient is oh so true

Anne

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Deborah, I like the hearts the design and the wonderful sentiment,
Kevin xx

Susan said...

What great images! I love hearts on just about anything...and the sentiment is so fabulous!

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, LOVE the whimsical hearts and that sentiment.....SIGH!

Darnell said...

This is so fun, Deborah. I love everything about it - especially that "Amen" sentiment!!

Pauline said...

Lovely card Aden, the colours are so retro and I love that sentiment!

Aileen said...

Love your funky design with the hearts. x

Kim S said...

I love your use of the layout - the three hearts with the focus on the red one is perfect! The colored sentiment is a great final touch! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Gibmiss said...

Hi deborah
Fabulous card ... Love the design....
Hugs sylvie xxxx

Natty said...

What a fab card, that sentiment is just lovely. :)

Susan Joyce said...

Too cute, such a fun card. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a gorgeous card Deb and I'm so pleased to hear you are so much at home now with your new community.

Vickie Z said...

This is one of my FAV Verve sets!! Love how you used the layout and colors! Fab!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is gorgeous and unusual Deborah and what a brilliant sentiment! Vicky x

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah this is just gorgeous, such a great design.

Melissa said...

What a pretty color duo!!! I love the heart trio and that sentiment is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

Michelle said...

Love the heart with wings and your fabulous color combo! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Tara Cardwell said...

Gorgeous Deborah - love the layout with the string one the card strip and that love sentiment is so sweet :-D
T
x

Arielle H Gordon said...

Deborah, this is beautiful! Love how you rotated the sketch! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...