Sunday 7 October 2012

CR84FN64 - Sharpest crayon ....

.... Hello and welcome to CR84FN64 week two, and our super colours of light blue, green and yellow!  My card this week is totally different to the flowers, layers and lace of last week's card.  It is clean, simple and for my very smart daughter, Kathryn. A couple of times last week I mentioned trips to Kathryn's school for Parent/Teacher conferences.  Kathryn has settled in really well, made lots of friends and is doing brilliantly - this one is for her!  She had a present inside too - a $10 iTunes voucher!!


Stamps:  The Stamps of Life - Crayons2stamp, Words4crayons
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi
Spellbinders: Labels 11 (S4-246) #4
Accessories:  Promarkers - Lemon, Canary, Yellow, Cool Aqua, Powder Blue, Sky Blue, Meadow Green, Apple, Leaf Green; Card from stash

I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to all things stationery!!  I adore paper (well, I would do as a crafter), pens, pencils, crayons, etc.  And it looks like Kathryn is a bit like me :)  I thought these new stamps (one that I won recently from DYSU) would be just perfect.  They are so easy to use; stamp the outline, then the solid colour and add the crayon stamp and cut out.  I used my Promarkers to lay down lines of colour to match the crayons, stamped the sentiment and cut it out with my Spellbinder die.  I edged the labels with black for definition and attched it to the card with dimensional tape.  Kathryn was thrilled to get the card and has it displayed on her desk!


For more inspirational cards using these fabulous colours (pictures courtesy of Magnolia Rouge), click on the links in my side bar or go directly to the CR84FN Blog.  Don't forget we are having an Open Design Team call - details on the blog.

13 comments:

Pauline said...

What a fabulous card for Kathryn, the crayon image is perfect for a conscientious student, and I bet she was thrilled with her iTunes card too!

Paula (PEP) said...

Lovely seeing this very different card - super for Kathryn too. Glad she's settled in well.
Have a good weekend.
Paula (PEP)

~Tammy~ said...

Deborah, this is so sweet! What a cute idea! I loved the way you incorporated the colors! Precious! TFS!

Stamps and Paper said...

SUch a lovely card for Kathryn and so different...love the idea of the crayons...great sentiment too

Anne

Mona Pendleton said...

Really cute card Deb! I love the crayon background and the multicolored label! Sounds like you are so proud of Kathryn as you should be :) Bet she not loved the card and the gift card as well!

Suzanne Russell said...

What a fun card, Deborah and a great take on the challenge. I hope to submit one more before the week is out. Thanks for always inspiring!

Cathy Weber said...

What cute stamps Deborah! I love the crayons and how you shaded the label to match the different color crayons. Your daughter will love this...glad she is enjoying the US!

Shannon White said...

Oh this is Just a Fabulous Card for your Kathryn! Love the Fun Crayons and Fabulous color blocked Label as well! Bet She was so thrilled to receive this along with the thoughtful gift card too! You must be One Proud Momma! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Jean Martin said...

Deb this is brilliant!!!! My nephews would love something like this!!! Thank you for the inspiration! :)

Tara Cardwell said...

very cute - bet Kathryn loved it as much as the contents ;-)
Tara
x

Sue Lelli said...

This is so CUTE, Deborah, and a sure hit with Kathryn! I am so GLAD she has settled in! LOVE th shading on your FAB crayons! GREAT card and so sweet of you to make it for her!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a fun card! I bet Kathryn loved it! No wonder she has it on her desk! I would be proud of it, too.

Jill Norwood said...

Wow this is so fun! I love crayons and the sentiment is so perfect! Adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...