Friday 12 October 2012

Santa is coming to town ....

... What a gorgeous morning it is today - blue skies, brilliant sunshine, warmer and less wind - just fab!  Mind, it makes taking photos a challenge ;)))  I hope this isn't too bad. I've made this card for two challenges:




Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Santa's Coming to Town, Nordic Winter, 2011 Holiday Ornaments
Inks:  SU - Bashful Blue, Early Espresso
Spellbinders:  2011 Heirloom Ornaments (S4-334) #4, Holiday Tags (S4-338)
Accessories:  Papermania - Classic Christmas 6" × 6" Blue Papers, Classic Gold Christmas Vellum; WMS - Twine; SU Card - Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla; Martha Stewart Punch; Card from stash


This card turned out totally different to the one I had sketched out!  I had in mind a Thanksgiving card, but ended up with Christmas!  Not a bad choice mind.  I'm still catching up with the WMS Christmas Card Challenges and in March Lynn wanted us to use blue and brown and, I have to admit, that I struggled.  Then I saw this week's sketch and it all fell into place.  I covered a card with this musical script paper, added some festive vellum and a folksy border.  I topped it all with this fabulous large bauble which was stamped with Versamark heat embossed with clear and then inked with Bashful Blue.  Sadly the photo just doesn't capture the blue very well.  I made a smaller bauble by stamping Santa's head, triple embossing it and then cutting with a die.  Here's a close up of the baubles - I think you can see the colour better.

 
As usual, I'm running right up to the submission deadline - but I made it.  Off to do some more house stuff - then I can play!!  See you tomorrow.

10 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

You're really catchnig up on all the WM Christmas card challenges Deborah! I think I've done one this year which is pretty poor considering all the stamps I have of theirs!
Love the delicate blue bauble.
Tara
x

Renee said...

A fabulous take on both challenges!! :)
Love those ornaments...
and the Nordic Winter border fits perfectly!
Wet, chilly and dreary here...
but fall is in the air and I love it! :)
Not so much winter though...
I'm always ready for spring on December 26th! :)

Kim Duran said...

Deborah, this color combo turned out fab! I love how it has a rustic winter feeling and would work so well for a masculine card too! So glad you're getting caught up in your holiday card making. I need to start asap!

Vickie Z said...

Love the ornament and that Santa is a FAV!!

Jeanne J. said...

The more the merrier Deborah! Love your Santa ornament in the soft blue and then you go and top it with that sweet santa silhouette! Great color combo too!

Jean Martin said...

Deb!!! This is beautiful!!!! Love that you used the ornaments! I would never had thought to do that! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers! I hope to see your wonderful cards again! :)

Stamps and Paper said...

lovely card Deborah great stamps, lovely colours

Anne

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh yes he is.....time to break out Claire's beautiful Christmas stamps then!!!! Love your choice Deborah.....great card!!

Claire said...

Love seeing the non-traditional colours on a Christmas card Deborah. It's a gorgeous interpretation of the sketch!

Carla said...

And you are a early bird!!!!!! Thanks for your comment on my blog.
Love your card too. Like to make Xmas cards. Love from Holland.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...