Monday 15 October 2012

Happy Thanksgiving .....

.... Good afternoon from a dull, grey Northville!  But it's given me the perfect excuse to stay indoors and craft - and I've put on some washing, got the dishwasher on - so doing some house stuff too!  I've made a Thanksgiving card - it's only a month until we get to celebrate our first proper Thanksgiving in the States.  I've used two challenges to make this one:



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Teeny Trees, Chicken Wire, Basket Additions; Uniko Studio - Wonderful Washi
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede
Spellbinders: Pinking Circles Lg (S4-170) #2, Circles Sm (S4-116) #3
Accessories:  SU Design Paper - Everyday Enhancement; Promarkers; Martha Stewart Punch, SU Card - Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo; Card and ribbon from stash


I only found The Colour Throwdown challenge yesterday - I've no idea how I missed it!!  Love the colours they've chosen for this week, but they are very bright.  So, using the "gallon-quart -pint" method that I read about in Papercrafts Card Design handbook, I went for green, orange and pink!  

I got the Everyday Enhancement design paper just before we moved to the US, but it's been sitting in my stash so I thought it was time to get it out and used some to make the backing layer.  I stamped the long green panel with the small chicken wire image for interest and added a simple ribbon above.  I stamped the cream panels with lots of little trees with leaves in Fall shades and then matted them onto green.  I stamped using two colours and finished off with a pumpkin rosette and a couple of punched leaves.

We had a really fun weekend.  Yesterday we went into Plymouth and discovered that there was a Chili Cookoff competition on, as well as a display of Harley Davidson bikes.  Jonathan and I got tickets to taste various chillies and we took lots of photos of some spectacular bikes.  I'll be posting photos on my Flickr account later today and will come back with a link.  That's all for now, must make a start on the ironing!!


3 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely thanks giving card..lovely autumn colours and a great layout.

Anne

Mona Pendleton said...

So sweet Deb! Love the little stamped trees and the basket full of pumpkins! Thanks for joining along with MFTWSC :)

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely bright card! I bet you're really looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving in the US aren't you?! Your Plymouth trip sounds fun and chilli-tasting sounds delicious! Vicky x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...