Wednesday 17 October 2012

Blog Party at the Mouse's house .....

...... the 17th of each month is a special time - it's the monthly Blog Party at Waltzingmouse Stamps.  This month the theme is a colour inspiration photo


These colours just shouted HALLOWEEN to me so that's what I made.  Here's my card:


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Gracie at Halloween, Christmas Cottage, Midnight Feast
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tangelo, Sweet Plum; Distress - Black Soot, Antique Linen, Pumice Stone
Spellbinders: Floral Ovals (S4-356) #3
Accessories:  Cuttlebug EF - Skeleton Skull; Core'dinations Paper, Glitter card and card from stash

I ran Core'dinations card with the embossing folder through my Bug and sanded off the black to show the pattern - love this folder!  I chomped the corners and mounted this layer onto black and purple glitter card - you can't really see it in the photo, but there is a border of purple glitter.  I distressed the edges of both layers before gluing them together.  I decided to feature this sweet verse on the front of the card, so stamped it on cream card, cut out the oval and then added some subtle images (2nd, 3rd and 4th impressions) of witches and stars.  Then I added just a touch of colour to the edge of the oval.  This was then mounted on the orange floral oval.  And I didn't stop there - I decided to decorate the inside too - keeping it very simple.

I didn't get to play in my craft room yesterday.  I've been learning to use a new photo software package called Lightroom (Jonathan uses it all the time) - it's really super easy and fun to use.  I edited some of the photos I took when we went to Plymouth on Sunday for the Chilli Cookout and Harley Davidson Rally.  I've uploaded the pictures to my Flikr account here or you can see them on FB!

That's all for now - I'll be back to join the party later on this evening.  See you soon.

26 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oooo...love your spooky textured background Deb!! And the silhouetted witch and stars behind the sentiment are fantastic!!

Stamps and Paper said...

What a spooky embossing folder...but like how yo have sanded it...great sentiment

Anne

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah love that you used the core'dination paper for your background and I adore that SB frame. Great card.

Julia Aston said...

Oh Deborah - your sanded embossed background is 'spook-tacular'!! Love that verse and the image inside!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a great card, Deborah! I live the sanding and the bright pop of orange!

Joyce said...

Super card. I love that embossed and shaded look. Great framing of the sentiment.

Cathy Weber said...

That is a great folder, love the sanding you did to really bring out the colors, but what really wowed me was that inside of your card, the simple line image is very striking and gives such a finished feel to your card Deborah.

Marlena M. said...

Wow, such beautiful embossing/sanding Deborah!

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Deborah! Love that sanded embossed background and the sentiment with the watermark stamps!!

Marybeth said...

Love the way you did the embossed background , Deborah. This is gorgeous inside and out. Love the simply stamped image on the inside. I could use some photo lessons.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is wonderful Deb. Love the textured background with its distressed look. A perfect compliment to this fun sentiment. The side of your card is just as delightful as the outside. Fabulous job.

Sharron said...

Fabulous Halloween card, Deborah! The textured embossed background is a great look and I love the way you stamped images under the sentiment and inside the card.

Charmaine Stack said...

Deborah, I really like how you stamped that image in the background. Subtle but spookily effective. And why did it never occur to me to use that die horizontally before? Brill!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun Halloween card Deb! Love the embossed background!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous Halloween card and that sweet little witch flying by, just perfect with your spooky background paper.

Claire said...

How sweet is that sentiment! I love the embossed coordinations and the purple glitter rim adds that special extra touch!

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Ohhhhh Deborah this is fantastic and love that you have decorated the inside of the card too. Fab!

Ali x

Michelle said...

Love the embossed background and what a lovely surprise when you open the card to see such a cute image !

Renee said...

Deborah it's fabulous!!
LOVE that focal point!
The poem and ghost stamping...
perfect! :)
Gonna have to file this away for future theft! *giggle*

Tara Cardwell said...

I love the skulls embossing folder - very gothic!
Lots of the guys at work swear by Lightroom - I think I may have to give it a go.
Tara

Clare said...

Fabulous card, I love that embossing folder! Wonderful texture!

Unknown said...

oh what a cracking embossing trick! Just adding coredinations to my shopping list! FAbby technique Deborah! super Halloween card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at WMS!

Sarah said...

I do like the embossing...it looks very elegant and then you notice the skulls!!
The inside is truly elegant though.

maria f. said...

That is really cool, Deborah. Looks like fancy damask from a distance and then you see the faces. Great "elegant with an edge" Halloween card.

Peanut said...

Loove your background technique - really spooky effect. And it's so cool that you chose a dainty elegant frame for the sentiment! JUST PERFECT!

Kelly S. said...

Awesome background, Deborah! That distressed look is so perfect for a Halloween card. LOVE Witch Wanda secretly flying by in the background behind the sentiment, so fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...