Saturday 6 October 2012

World Card Making Day ....

.... Good morning to all my Crafting Friends!  It's not the nicest of mornings here; in fact it's a bit cold and wet, but there is an upside too.  It is WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!!!  I have a very busy day lined up.  I'll be crafting from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm at Stampeddlar, my local shop, attending several classes run by Amy Flowers.  I'm going to be trying my hand at using beeswax in craft and collage, doing some art journals and finishing up with an altered book.  I plan to get really inky!!

In the meantime, I have a card for today carrying on my Halloween theme and used three challenges to make this one:





Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Daydream Medallions
Inks:  Distress - Dusty Concord; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Uniko Studios - BOO Digital Papers (Elegant Eggplant); SU/Sizzix Framlits - Floral Frames; Sakura Stardust Pen, Card and gems from stash


This card is a companion to the one I made yesterday.  Beverley has included a spider's web image in the kit - it's clear which means you can put it over anything!  I added it to the grey dotty paper - I didn't want the spider in this piece - one of the reason I like digital kits is that you can play with them a bit!  I turned the sketch through 90°, but other than that was pretty faithful to it. I made two panels for the card from the BOO papers and attached them to the card.  In the digi kit there are some fun sentiments too and I printed off this BOO! one which I cut out with my Spellbinder die.  I coloured the little stars and border with a purple Sakura Stardust pen - it has a lovely shimmer!  I made the medallion with my new Stampin' Up! Daydream Medallion stamps - stamping the bottom layer in purple and the top in black, cutting them both out with the coordinating framelits - easy!  I finished off the card by adding a few purple gems!

This is the first time I've played along with Freshly Made Sketches - somehow I missed this one!  I hope you all have a fun-filled World Card Making Day!  See you tomorrow with my new card for CR84FN64!

12 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely halloween card..love the little spider in the corner hanging down from his web

Anne

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love it! Deborah this is a fabulous Halloween card - I really love those blingy webs! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card Deborah, I like the design and those spiders webs.
Kevin xx

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Deborah! Great Halloween card! I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

anya said...

Another fabulous Halloween card, Deborah. You are just rocking this color challenge! Glad to see you playing along again! :)

Beverley said...

FAB use of the Super FREE Saturday BOO! Collection.Love the doily detail behind the BOO! label. TFS Hugs Bev

Cindy Hall said...

What a great Halloween card! Love the colors and the bling! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Allisa said...

Love the bling on the spiderwebs! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jan Hennings said...

This is beautiful!

Alicia said...

What a fantastic card, and perfect for WCMD. A great take on this week's color splash. Thanks for coming out to play with us at The Play Date Cafe. :)

Lynn said...

How fun! I love the design on the flower behind the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Caz said...

This is lovely..Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz. And good luck.

Caz xx CC DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...