Wednesday 24 October 2012

Off the edge leaves ....

... Morning!!! It's a gorgeous day today.  When I left the house this morning at 7.15am to take Kathryn to school it was dark and damp with wisps of mist in the air, but by the time I left school the sun was up, the roads were drying and it was already warm.  And as I type this the sun is shining, the skies are blue and it's already 15°C (59°F) - and it's going to get warmer!!!!  Yea, an Indian Summer!

The sun makes the leaves, or what's left of them, look gorgeous.  And I've got leaves on my card this morning.  I've made a Thanksgiving card for this year's stash and I've used two challenges to make it:




Stamps: My Favourite Things - Thankful Leaves; Waltzingmouse - Midnight Feast, Peace & Plenty
Inks: Distress - Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge, Forest Moss, Wild Honey; Memento - Rich Cocoa
Dies: Die-namics - Fall Leaves
Accessories: Martha Stewart Punch; Papermania - Sunshine Papers (Tina Higgins); SU Card - Pear Pizzazz; Card from stash


I think I've decided that Autumn is my favourite season - the colours here have been absolutely magnificent.     I need quite a few Thanksgiving cards this year, so it was easy to decide the theme of my card.  I cut a piece of green card and punched the leaf border.  I cut a panel of cream card onto which I sponged some distress inks and then lightly spritzed with water.  I like the subtle dot effect this gives.  Then I used several word stamps - specifically autumn treats - to create the word panel, attached it to the green card and adhered it all to the card base.  Next I made my leaves.  I used printed papers from the Sunshine set, my new Die-namic dies and then stamped the leaves and veins.  I completed the embellishment with a pie - could be apple or pumpkin!!!  I finished off with a simple sentiment stamped on cream card and cut out.

I hope everyone has a good day today!  See you soon.

17 comments:

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous rich colours! I was enjoying them on my walk this morning, even though it's kind of grey here. But there's not much time left before they'll all be a memory!

Tara Cardwell said...

I love the texture and pattern you got in the leaves by stamping on the papers. Gorgeous!

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful thanks giving card Deborah lovely Autumnal colours

Anne

Lynne said...

Beautiful autumnal colours Deborah. Love your leaves.
Aren`t you lucky having an Indian Summer. It`s damp, foggy and miserable in the UK :-(
Lynne xxx

Chrissie said...

This is gorgeous Deborah... I always wonder how these 'off the edge' cards fit into an envelope... but it looks great!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

I hope you'll enjoy thanksgiving this year in your new home.... I bet the trees do look colourful there!!
All those foods on your card sound delicious and the colours are wonderful.... enjoy your indian summer, we've been enveloped in fog and cloud for three days now :0(
Thanks for linking up to CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

Debby said...

Lovely seasonal card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely fall card Deb. Those leaves are gorgeous. Aslo like the DP, the pupnched border... the cut greeting looks great.

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Deb! LOVE those fun and funky leaves! The stamping is just amazing! This is a great fall card! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful fall, festive card Deb! Love the mix of foliage and pie! Yummy!

Michele Gross said...

I love your fall card! 59 sounds heavenly right now, we seem to have skipped fall in Colorado-snowing right now :( Thanks for going over the edge with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sue Lelli said...

Your card put me in the mood for Thanksgiving! LOVE the off the edge leaves and the pie with sparkles!

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous colours and I love that panel. Great autumn card. Thanks for joining us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

Susan said...

Love the texture in the leaves....and that background paper is absolutely perfect! I know I'm always in for some eye candy whenever I visit your blog...and today is no exception!

Vickie Z said...

Love the patterned paper you made! Wonderful fall card!

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous DP and pie!!! I pick apple~ ;)

kingstonmama said...

so pretty, Deborah. Love the inked panel and those gorgeous leaves. Autumn is my favorite season, too. ann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...