Tuesday 30 October 2012

Be Good ....

...  Good morning from a cold, wet and very blustery Northville.  I do hope all my blog buddies living in the path of Hurricane Sandy have made it safely through the night.  We haven't felt the full force here in Michigan, but we sure are getting some strong winds and cold rain.  Keep safe and warm, wherever you are.

I've made a Christmas card for this year's stash (I think you're going to be seeing lots of Christmas cards on here from now on), and I used a few challenges:

When I saw this week's sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch I just knew which stamp I'd be using.  I love the Be Good Santa stamp!  


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Text-It!, Around Christmas Time, Very Vintage Christmas; Compact Sentiments
Inks: Memento - London Fog; Distress - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick
Spellbinders: Pinking Circles Sm (S4-172) #5
Accessories:  Silver embossing powder; Card from Stash


I started by stamping the Santa image directly on the card base in Versamark and heat embossing with detail silver powder.  I coloured Santa's hat with Promarkers and then added some glitter and flock for the trim and his beard.  Next I stamped a subtle text background all over some white card and added some pink snowflakes!!  I cut the negative circle space in the white card, attached the panel to some red foil card and then recut the negative space.  Next I trimmed the long edges of the panel and lined the panel up with the stamped image.  Once in the right place, I attached the panel to the card and cut off the excess at top and bottom.  I finished off with a couple of crystal gems.  

I decorated the inside of the card too.  I kept it really simple, a frame of the red foil card with a heartfelt sentiment in grey to match the front.  

It's been really difficult trying to take a decent photo this morning - there's really not enough good natural daylight and using the flash tends to wash out the colours and make the foil card flare!!  I've got a reasonable close up of the Santa image here.  I'll try to get a better photo later today, but I'm not going to promise anything.

I think this fulfils all the WMS requirements: 3 stamps - text, snowflakes and Santa image; 2 embellishments - the two gems; 1 circle - the negative die cut and circular stamped image.  I think this was a really tough challenge!

I've got a nice day planned - I'm off to the hairdressers to have a cut and colour done.  Gotta hide those greys!!!  That's all for now.  Be safe!


8 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous design Deborah.........Love this card!

Ardyth said...

Love the sparkle and shine, and the snowflakes!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fantastic Design, Deb. The metallic adds to the festive design of this card. Love it! (and happy you were able to complete the 3-2-1 challenge..LOL)

Jackie said...

Beautiful cards since I last stopped by :o)
I will join you in hoping that all our American friends in the path of Hurricane Sandy are safe and well!
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Christmas card Deborah great image and backgroun. My thoughts are with those also on the East Coast

Anne

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Lovely christmas card!!Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week.
Hugs
Archana

lostinpaper said...

You were right this is the perfect stamp for this sketch. Your card is wonderful, I just love the added glitter on the hat!
Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

N@ Ali said...

thank you for joining us at CTS, you chose the perfect stamp indeed! love all the shine ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...