Tuesday 30 October 2012

Krafty Christmas ....

... Hi again - I've had a super morning and my new hairdresser, Jessie, is just brilliant.  So, so pleased with my cut and colour.  I've even managed to make another card today - another Christmas card.  I've used:



Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Lovely as a Tree; Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season
Inks:  SU - Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Spellbinders: Grommet Tags (S4-322)
Accessories:  SU Card - Crumb Cake; WMS - Twine; Glitter and card from stash


This is one of the quickest cards I've made recently.  As soon as I saw the Retro Sketch, I knew which stamp I was using.  I've been wanting these super trees from Stampin' Up! for ages, but only got them a couple of weeks ago.  I think they'll be seen again!  I cut a piece of kraft card, shaped the corners then, using my stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the trees.  I added some glitter to the trees and ground to suggest a soft layer of snow.  I also gently rubbed some Whisper White pigment ink onto the edges of the card.  I finished off with this clean and simple label; while still in the die I added a touch of colour with a stipple brush and stamped the sentiment.  I attached the label with twine and mounted the whole image onto the card base with dimensional tape.

Before I go, I'd like to welcome a couple of new followers, Hello and Welcome to Therese and Shea Marshall - so pleased you joined me.  And that really is all for today.  See you soon.

5 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the sparkle on the kraft - takes it to a whole new level!

Chris Dring said...

Stunning card!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fabulous card Deb. The image of the trees you used is one that I have ALWAYS loved, but never bought. (don't know why) I love the look you achieved with your glitter accents...it makes the trees just sing with Christmas cheer. Awesome job.

Suzanne said...

Hi Deborah!!!! My WMS friend!!! It's release week...are you excited?!

This card is so beautiful and elegant - just perfect for winter/holidays. So happy to see you at CAS-ual Fridays!

Have a lovely weekend!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Absolutely stunning! Great take on the RetroSketch - Thanks so much for playing with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...