Thursday 11 October 2012

Happy Halloween .....

.... Morning all from a cold and frosty Northville!!  Oh, but the sunrise is just gorgeous!  This is a quick post to share my card for this week's One Layer Wednesday - OLW109 which is being hosted by Cheryl at Paperie Journey.  Cheryl has picked the theme of Halloween. I think this is almost my last Halloween card of the year - I have to get them posted to my friends and family in the UK.  I've also used this week's Colour Q - cQc158 challenge for the colours - they were perfect!


Images:  Uniko Studio - BOO!, EEK! - both digital packs
Accessories:  Promarkers - Orange, Bright Orange, Pumpkin, Amber, Warm Greys 1, 2, 4 & 5; Card from stash

There's not one bit of stamping on this card - it was all made on the computer using images from Uniko Studio.  I used MS Publisher to layout the card and started off by making a thin black frame; it's a square and I made the frame 3pt.  The cobweb is actually black, so I simply made it a washout image to lighten it and put the layer behind the black frame and the sentiment.  I like the ability to play with colours of digi-images - the sentiment started life being black, but I changed it to lilac to fit the colour challenge.  The pumpkin was sized to fit in the corner of the card and I added the face.  I coloured the pumpkin with Promarkers shading from dark orange (Tangerine Tango) to amber (More Mustard), and added a shadow for depth.

Have a good day.

7 comments:

Buffy said...

Great card Debs. Your pumpkin is so cute and I love the spider web.
Buf xx

Sylvia said...

Fun Halloween card, Deborah, love that big pumpkin! thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ.

Pauline said...

Fab card Deb, so clever to do all that on the computer - I wouldn't know where to start lol!

Vicky Hayes said...

You've come over all digital Deborah! Love the card and the shadow really makes the pumpkin pop! Vicky x

Kara said...

Really cute! Love the web n the corner!! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic Deborah, the pumpkin is the best. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

Cheryl said...

Hi Deborah, Great Halloween one-layer card. Thanks for joining us this week for the OLW Challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...