Thursday 14 April 2011

We've arrived ....

...  the flight was really good; actually surprising comfortable despite being in "cattle" class!  The cabin crew were really polite and helpful, and the food wasn't half bad.  And I was able to watch a couple of films on route - The King's Speech - I can see why it won lots of Oscars, and Harry Potter - which was really good fun, but I missed the very end as we were coming into land at Mumbai!!  Oh well, I'll have to catch up with that later.

Jonathan met us at the airport and the journey back to the hotel was something else!!  I think traffic signals, road lanes and road courtesy are all entirely optional!  I sat in the front seat and ended up closing my eyes several times!!  The ITC Grand Central is absolutely magnificent.  I'll take some photos tomorrow and share them - very, very posh with lots of marble and mirrors and, more importantly, air conditioning!!!!  We're on the 20th floor so the views are quite amazing.  Our room is large and airy for one, but a little cosy for three - but we'll cope.

And that's all for now, as I need to unpack our suitcases and shake out the creases!!  It's 2.40pm Mumbai time and very hot, so we're going to have a quite afternoon and go out this evening.  It's so exciting!!

8 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Nice to hear your arrived safely - looking forward to the photos. Hope you've saved room in your cases for bringing backs lots of lovely handmade stuff for your crafting stash ;-)

Paula (PEP) said...

Good to hear you've safely arrived. It all sounds very interesting. Look forward to hearing more.
Paula (PEP)

Stella said...

Enjoy! I can hardly wait to see some pictures. It sounds great!

Queenie Jeannie said...

How exciting!!! Can't wait for pictures!

Pauline said...

Oh Deborah, your hotel sounds fab, so glad you got there safe and sound :-)

Can't wait to see some piccies, take care xxx

Buffy said...

So glad you both arrived safely. Have a wonderful time. Give Jonathon a big hug from us.
We'll have to get together when you come back so I can here all about it.

Hugs
Buf xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy to hear you made it safe and sound Deb! Have a great time!

G Peplow said...

Fantastic, have a wonderful explore and don't forget the insect repellent! I can't wait to hear all about it:0) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...