Sunday 24 April 2011

CR84FN25 ....

..... welcome to this week's colour challenge at CR84FN.  Such bright, fresh and sort of patriotic colours here - red, aqua and white.




I love these colour - they really zing!!  They're crisp, fresh and gorgeous and the pictures are courtesy of Martha Stewart.  I love the simplicity of the jelly bean bags in the inspiration photos, so decided to make a really clean and simple card this time.




The base card is pearlescent white.  I stamped the image using Versafine black ink directly onto the card, I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure that it was positioned centrally, and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Fortunately it worked first time!!  Embossing the image gives a slightly raised outline, which makes it a little easier to paint (and make sure the paint stays where it's meant too!).  I used Twinkling H2Os to colour the image.  I decided not to include a sentiment, as I think the card can be used for lots of different occasions - thanks, congrats, well done - I work it out when I use it!!

Stamp: Michael Powell - Pot of Hearts
Inks: Versafine - Black Onyx
H2Os:  Mediterranean Blue, Spiced Pumpkin

I got this stamp from a TV programme - can't remember whether it was Create and Craft or QVC.  It was part of a set of four stamps - based on cross stitch designs by Michael Powell - check out his site - there are some lovely designs to stitch.

Now for more inspiration - check out the Design Team's blogs:
Silke Ledlow- Guest Designer 

Have fun with these colours - I did!!  I look forward to seeing your creations soon.  And it's time to say au revoir to Silke and thanks for sharing your inspiration as our Guest Designer for April.   That's all from me too - see you soon.

16 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What a wonderful card Deborah full of love! You did a fabulous job coloring all the little detail!

Suzanne C said...

What a fun card! Love the vase full of hearts! Hope your visit with your hubby is going well. Happy Easter!

Paula (PEP) said...

I think the embossing is vital when using the H20s - I too like to use VersaFine & Clear Emboss it - a very much cleaner way than using Detail Black. Brilliant colours here & as you say quite patriotic. It's a lovely unusual stamp too. Take care in the heat.
Paula (PEP)

Jen W. said...

What a fabulous stamp. The colours are perfect for it and you're right - they really zing! :)

Heather Rogers said...

Beautiful, Deborah. Happy Easter to you. :)
Hugs~

Jackie said...

Beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful CAS card, love your image! Happy Easter!

Stella said...

Gorgeous; and your coloring is amazing. I love the shape of that frame!
Happy Easter!

G Peplow said...

Lovely card, Happy Easter to you:0) xxx

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh, I love this stamp! Your card is fabulous! I just love your creations.

Mackie

farmhouse-story said...

love the hanging hearts stamp, deb!

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, LOVE this Pot of Hearts stamp! So fun for these bold colors! I'm guessing you are going to be stamping and clear heat embossing again when you want to color again! Looks so FAB here!

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Deb! Love all the hearts!

Andrea M said...

Hi Deborah! This is fabulous! Love the plant dripping with fabulous hearts! Such a great card!

Betty Wright said...

Fabulous image and terrific design, Deborah! Love how you used the colors! Lovely card!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous, I love that stamp it's beautifully coloured. I 've done a couple of his cross-stitch kits, his a great artist.xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...