Thursday 21 April 2011

Lunch with hubby ....

... it's been another very lazy day here in Mumbai.  I think it's even hotter today than yesterday.  Our initial plans were to visit the cinema - Kathryn fancied seeing Rio.  But we were invited to join Jonathan and the rest of the team for lunch at the Copper Chimney in Worli.  Now, I've mentioned this chain of restaurants before, but they really are rather nice.  The surroundings are always very clean and tidy and the food is wonderful.  I was told, before I came out here, not to eat anything other than vegetarian.  I've not stuck to that.  The lunch buffet at Copper Chimney is 450 Rupees for an adult (that's about £7.50) - you can eat as much as you like.  I had a starter of prawn soup with some mixed Indian biscuits and dips, this was followed by samples of a number of different dishes - fish, chicken and some vegetarian.  Both Jonathan and Kathryn finished off their lunch with a pudding - Indians are rather fond of sweet dishes.

After lunch, Kathryn and I had a quick wander around the Worli area - but it was so hot that we decided to head back to the hotel.  Kathryn wanted to swim and I was hoping to see the Chennai Super Kings cricket team arrive at the hotel!!  Our trip back to the hotel took a bit longer than normal; the first driver took us to Marine Drive and was totally lost.  Fortunately, we picked up another taxi and he got us back to the hotel quickly and safely.  I asked at Reception if I could take photos of the team, but was told No!!  Oh well, never mind.  So Kathryn changed and we went to the pool.

We'd been at the pool for about an hour - I wasn't swimming today but reading my Stephen King book - It.  Then virtually the whole of the Chennai Team arrived at the pool for a swim.  Now I may have mentioned that it's not a huge pool, but I think they simply wanted to freshen up!!  I thoroughly enjoyed the view :)))  And I was very good, I didn't get out my camera!

That's all for today!  Take care.

7 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Shame you followed the photo rule - I think that would have been a view we'd all have liked to share ;-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like you are having a great time, enjoy your stay in India. Thanks for visiting my blog, too! Valerie

Shobana said...

You are sooo sweet to stop by my blog for a look! Tks so much for stopping by that too on your holiday! :) Glad you are enjoying Mumbai! And what a lucky bum to see the CSK team!!! I am in Chennai so next time swing by this side of the country! Happy holidays! :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday in India.....


Anne

Vicky Hayes said...

I've just popped over to your blog for a catch up Deborah, and it sounds as if your holiday is going wonderfully. I'm loving your photos - and admire today's restraint! Enjoy it all! Vx

Paula (PEP) said...

Sounds like an eventful day in many ways. Hope you're enjoying the book too.
Paula (PEP)

Lynne said...

Sounds like a fabulous day all round. Pop over to my blog when you get the chance, I`ve left you a little something. Enjoy therest of your hols.
Lynne xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...