Thursday 28 April 2011

Got a cold ....

... strange as that might sound.  I started with a sore throat about four days ago, and at first it wasn't much of anything.  But yesterday I felt truly awful - and there's nothing worse than being ill away from home comforts.  And it's why I didn't post anything apart from my scheduled blog yesterday.

I had a long lie in and went for a late breakfast.  Then I did a bit of blogging and finally took Kathryn to the pool for her daily play - she had such a good time.  I spent a bit of time in the water and out in the sun, but had to give up and go back to bed for the afternoon.  I slept and Kathryn played on the Internet - thank goodness for Stardoll!!!

And today's been pretty well more of the same.  I still feel a bit rough, but I think things are improving now.  I'm sure I've got the cold because it's so hot and humid outside, yet deliciously cool inside!!!  Also air-conditioning really does make the atmosphere really dry.  Still all things being equal - I should be out and about tomorrow.  I can't believe how quickly our time here has gone by - we've only got four more full days in Mumbai.

While Kathryn was swimming today I took some photos of the views from the pool balcony.  From here we can see across to the hotel's Roof Terrace Garden - which we've not yet explored.  We did try when we first arrived, but were told that it was locked up for now.  Strange, as it's really lovely.




We can also see a new fly-over that's being built by the hotel.  Apparently it was started in 2009 but it doesn't look anywhere near finished.  It's the Lalbaug Flyover; it starts in Byculla and finishes at Bharatmata Junction - just by the hotel.  I'm told that normally these flyover projects are finished quite quickly.  I don't think the hotel will be too keen for this one to be finished - it passes by exactly at the level of the Roof Terrace Garden!!




There is a huge amount of construction taking place in Mumbai - it's amazing to see the men at work - they don't have the same safety regulations that we have in the UK.  Much of the scaffolding is made from bamboo!!!  It can be quite scary to watch!!

I'm going to have a restful afternoon reading my book - I've started another Stephen King novel - Desperation - and it's looking good.

Tomorrow I fully intend to get out of the hotel and do a bit more sight-seeing - I want to take some photos of the Victoria Terminus - another UNESCO World Heritage Site.  See you soon.

9 comments:

G Peplow said...

Oh dear as you say not much fun being ill away from home, Hope you feel better soon:0) xx

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my - it certainly isn't fair that you should be feeling so poorly in such a beautiful location. Get better QUICK!

Chrysalis said...

Sorry to hear about the virus - hope it moves on quickly and you can enjoy the rest of your trip. Take care of yourself. With love from the UK xx

A Consuming Passion said...

Hope you get better real soon.....nothing worse as you say! Make the most of your last few days with lots of pics!!!

Paula (PEP) said...

Do take care & I hope you are feeling much better by the time you read this. It is not good to be ill away from home.
Much love
Paula (PEP)

Stella said...

Take care; I hope you already feel a bit better.And I hope you can go out tomorrow and enjoy a few beautiful places in that gorgeous part of the world!

Jenny said...

Hope you feel better soon, like you say not much fun when you're away :)
Jenny x

Clare said...

Sorry to hear you're under the weather, get better soon! Looks like you're having an amazing trip! Enjoying the photos!

Mona Pendleton said...

Hope you feel better soon Deb! Sounds like you are enjoying your vacation :) TFS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...