Sunday 3 April 2011

CR84FN22 ...

.... the week has simply flown by, and we're here again time for the new colour challenge at CR84FN.  Mona has come up trumps again - this time our colours are kraft, green and brown - just fabulous!



The inspiration photos are courtesy of Martha Stewart - and there can't be a crafter anywhere who doesn't know of Martha's wonderful craft products!!  And this week's quote is fabulous - perfect for crafters everywhere.

Now I really like these colours and I knew I wanted to make a card for my cousin's birthday - but I couldn't think what to make.  Then I saw the new sketch at Clean & Simple and suddenly it was obvious.



I've been extremely literal with the sketch; the stars pointed me to which stamp sets to use.  So here's the card I've made for my cousin Stuart - whose birthday it is today!!




In my stash I found a sheet of pearly kraft card - perfect for the base.  On to that I stamped in rich cocoa this wonderful woodgrain image.  I cut out two mats - one in brown and one in green.  On a piece of white card, I stamped the blanket stamp from the Way Out West set in two shades of green; then I cut out six stars using my Spellbinders dies.  I attached the stars using dimensional pads and made sure that the pattern went in different directions.  Finally, I added a very simple birthday greeting. 

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Way Out West; Stampin' Up! - Occasional Greetings
Inks:  Memento - Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart
Spellbinders: Stars (S4-092) die #2
Accessories:  Card from stash

Don't forget to check the inspiration cards from the rest of the design team.  We are pleased to welcome our new Guest Designer for the month of April, Silke Ledlow.  

Silke Ledlow- Guest Designer 

That's all for now - I look forward to seeing your cards and visiting your blogs.  See you tomorrow.

23 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, you HAVE to let us know if Stuart LOVED his star card! LOVE the woodgrain and the patterned stars in different directions! FAB guy card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Lovely CAS design Deborah! Love the Western blanket stamped stars!

Pauline said...

Oh Deborah, this is fabulous! I thought the woodgrain was your table or worktop lol! I had to enlarge the pic as you had written about stamping the woodgrain, and I couldn't see it - duh! A fab card in wonderful colours! xxx

Donna Mosley said...

Fab card Deborah. Love the wood effect and stars.

Donna x

GinaA said...

Brilliant idea for a card, those men are so hard to create for.
GinaA
x

Susan Hogan said...

Love you lateral thinking - the stars are great - and congratulations on being top mouse again!!

Tara Cardwell said...

what a great use of the blanket stamp - I haven't used that one (yet!) Lovely CAS mens card. Tara x

Suzanne C said...

Lovely CAS card and the stars with the pattern are a nice touch!

Kim S said...

The different elements come together so well on this one. I love the simple patterns and colors on the stars. And they are set off so well with the woodgrain and the green.

Stamps and Paper said...

Just love this CAS card....and a perfect card for any male....great woodgrain backing too.

Anne

Unknown said...

Wonderful CAS card, Deb! Love the stars and the fun western pattern you stamped on them!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great masculine BD card, the woodgrain goes wonderfully with the stamped die cut stars!

Stella said...

A perfect masculine birthday card and the embossed background is beautiful. Gorgeous card!

Jenny said...

Great card, love that that woodgrain background.
Jennie X

Lynne said...

Super card Deborah and fab colours this week.
Lynne xxx

Silke Ledlow said...

Deborah, this is such a pretty take on the colors and the Sketch! Hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Great design and fabulous use of the colors, Deborah! Awesome card!

farmhouse-story said...

great guy card-stuart will love it, for sure:)

Heather Rogers said...

Perfect take from the sektch. The stars are so cute. :)
Hugs~

Andrea M said...

So cute Deborah! Love the south western design on the stars! Fabulous CAS card!

Vicky Hayes said...

Lovely Deborah! I like that woodgrain background.

Ginny said...

This is the perfect card for the guys! Love the wood paper and I like how you turned the stars in different directions so that they all look different.

Cheryl said...

Deborah, Great masculine card with the woodgrain and southwest stars!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...