Friday 8 April 2011

A touch of red ....

... that's the challenge for this week's Less Is More card - I've had all sorts of ideas for this card, but every time I've gone on to the site, there's already been something similar.  And it's getting close to deadline now, so I've settled on a card.  This one is for my nephew, Gareth, he starts a new job on Monday - and deserves many congratulations in getting a job - they're not many about at the moment.  Gareth needs some good news in his life and my sister, Tracey, would be so proud of him - as are we all.



I was going to try for a stamped background, but decided that it would fight with the stamped sentiment, so I opted for a piece of designer paper and coordinating ribbon.  I stamped the sentiment onto plain white card and then cut around it; it's mounted on to the card with dimensional pads.  A simple card suitable for a young man starting a new job!!  Way to go Gareth!! 

Stamps:  Inkadinkadoo - Everyday Expressions
Inks:  Memento - Lady Bug
Paper:  Papermania - Inspirations Black & White Colossal pad
Accessories:  Card and ribbon from stash

I've tried to visit all the entries on the Less Is More blog - but there are so many that it's almost a full time job!!  It's a challenge that proving to be one of the best on the web. 

Before I go, I must also welcome another new follower - Hello to Alenka - glad to have you join me!!

That's all for now.  I do have more to share with you - do drop by again later.  Have a good day.

8 comments:

Chrissie said...

Hi Deborah,
I love this one...perfect for your nephew and all good wishes to him for his new career.
This is a great design and I love that sentiment!
Thanks for another super contribution!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Hi Deborah
What a FAB card, perfect touch of red and perfect white space!
Great work
All the best to your Gareth too
Thanks for another entry and for all your kind, encouraging comments
mandi
"Less is More"

Tara Cardwell said...

Really eye-catching layout Deborah - just perfect. Hope his first day goes well :-)

Jenny said...

Brilliant card such a modern bold feel to it, the red on the grey paper works really well.
Jennie X

Suze Bain said...

A fabulous masculine card. The red sentiment really pops out. x

Susan said...

Deborah, I know your card will be special to him as he starts his new job! Love how you've popped up the "congrats"....great card!

Jose said...

Great modern design, and masculine too, excellent card.
Jose

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a stunning, graphic card Deborah - and congratulations to Gareth too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...