Wednesday 20 April 2011

Birthday bug ....

.... I really like the CR84FN colours this week, cool and fresh, so I decided to make another card using them as the colour focus.



This time I decided to make a card for a guy - I know that cards for men are often a bit difficult, but I sort of enjoy making them.


I've kept it reasonably simple - there are some layers, but not too many.  I started off with a textured cream square card.  I have a super mask from Creative Expression - retro squares - which I thought was a perfect match to the VW camper and I sprayed it with Cosmic Shimmer Aqua Lagoon mist - pretty!  I stamped the VW onto plain white card and colour with Promarkers.  I've used a Sakura Stardust pen for the headlights to give a bit of sparkle.  I cut the layers with Spellbinders Labels 12 (which I haven't used often enough).  Finally I added a simple greeting.

Stamps:  Kanban - Retro Cars 18-21
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress - Antique Linen
Promarkers:  Duck Egg, Turquoise, Gold, Pastel Beige, Khaki, Cool Greys 1-4
Spellbinders:  Labels 12 (S4-247) # 5 and 6
Accessories:  Cosmic Shimmer Mist Aqua Lagoon; Creative Expressions - Retro Squares; Card from stash

I've noticed that I have a new follower, so I'd like to say Hello and Welcome to Joanne - so nice to have you join me.

It's now 3.50pm in Mumbai - the temperature is 39°C and it's very humid.  Kathryn and I have had a lovely time in the hotel pool.  It's not huge, but is a perfect place to while away a few hours.  Kathryn is getting in some swimming practice and I've been busy working on a suntan!

I had an interesting conversation with a young (Indian) lady in the pool yesterday.  She asked "why do Western ladies like to get a suntan?" and I asked her "why do Indian ladies like to use beauty products that claim to "whiten" the skin?".   It certainly showed up a few cultural differences!!

I'm off to check out some of the cards made for this week's CR84FN challenge and for the Less is More acetate challenge.  Bye for now!!

13 comments:

Lynne said...

Thats a fantastic card for a man Deborah. That image brings back very happy memories of my mis spent youth lol.
Lynne xxx

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, gr8 card for the chaps, love the groovy pic and sentiment:0) You are having some interesting conversations> I would have loved to hear the reply to why Indian ladies like to whiten their skin, I think it's because they see whiter skin as more refined but I'm probably wrong LOL. Sounds really challenging, that heat, not so bad if it weren't for the humidity! Good thing you have a pool, have fun:0) xxx

Buffy said...

Hiya Debs, super card, you have to love that stamp.
Thank you for the comment, had a great day, got some good shots.
The weather here is unreal, glorious sunshine and set to get warmer apparently. Truck racing could be sunburn central...hahaha

Take care
Buf xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Sounds like you've had a good day & I do like that manbug card - great idea. Interesting about Indian women whitening their skin - just shows how different our approaches are.
Paula (PEP)

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun masculine card! My nephew would love this since he loves VW buses!

A Consuming Passion said...

That's such a fun image Deborah!!! I can think of lots I could send that card to.......... Are you still away ....hope you're enjoying your trip!

A Consuming Passion said...

Oops just read on further down your post .....yes you are still away!!!! I'd love to know what the Indian lady replied!!!!

Aileen said...

Love the VW and the colours really suit it. x

Erika said...

Love the VW stamp I too have a friend who would love this...enjoy topping up your tan we have a damp and driech day here in Scotland. Well it is time for the Easter break!

kay said...

fab male card,x

Daniela Dobson said...

Such a cute card!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Adorable! I never would have thought to use this color scheme for a guy card, but yours is perfect - it really works!

Stella said...

This is a gorgeous masculine card; and a fabulous take on this weeks'colors. Wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...