Saturday 9 April 2011

SOAP competition ...

... you must be aware by now, that I'm a huge fan of Claire Brennan's Waltzing Mouse Stamps.  She comes up with wonderful designs - some made specially to fit inside the brilliant Spellbinders dies.  Well Claire has changed things around a bit at WMS.  Instead of issuing new releases each month, WMS will now issue stamps bi-monthly and in between Claire and the Design Team have "SOAP".  The recent issue included Western style stamps and I wasn't sure about them at first - but I've already had loads of use from them - check out these cards here and here.

SOAP - Stamp of Approval Parade; this is where the team have another look at the stamps released that month, have a quick look at an old set and give us yet more wonderful inspiration ideas.  Following a brilliant few days checking out what the DT had to share with us, Claire launched the April SOAP CASE competition; the deadline is 8.00am (UK time) on 10th April - so you've still got time to play.

I think the hardest thing to do was pick a card or project to CASE (Copy and Share Everything).  There were so many lovely cards to look and in the end I decided to CASE Anya's fabulous Western style card.


see link above for details from Anya's blog

This is a fab card, so I used one of my favourite colours - green!  I also decided that it would be a good card for my son.  I kept the card landscape, but decided to print the blanket pattern horizontally.  And I love the John Wayne quote - so that was the one I choose for my card.  I added some raffia around the card and finished it off with the horse riding off the card.  So here it is:



Stamps:  Waltzing Mouse - Back in the Saddle, Way Out West
Inks:  Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze, Fresh Greens; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinders:  Lacey Squares (S4-295) #3; Classic Squares Lg (S4-126) #5
Accessories:  Card, raffia from stash

Thanks for dropping by to visit - would love to hear your comments.  Now, I'm off to check out the latest challenge from Less Is More!!  See you later today.

14 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Deborah! You're up early lol! I've been up since 5am myself! Off to Ally Pally today, I'm so excited I couldn't sleep!!

Tara Cardwell said...

Love what you've come up with Deborah - I'm still working out which one to CASE!

Beate said...

Wonderful card, Deborah. LOVE the colors you chose.
Hugs and smiles

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Deb! The backgrounds look amazing!

LaurieJ said...

Gorgeous gradient stamping!! And I'm loving the raffia.

Karen B. said...

This is so beautiful! I wasn't sure about these stamps either but seeing them often and so well used like it is here is very very convincing! Your hues of green/blue is so pretty!

Cyndie said...

I love your take on Anya's card! The blues are very nice--you did a great job on the graduating colors!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous in gradient greens!! Your son will love it for sure!!

rudlis said...

Beautiful card Deb! I love your backgrounds.

Bonnie said...

So very lovely Deb! I love these quotes! Thanks for playing in the Waltzingmouse CASE competition this week!

Julia Aston said...

Love this in the greens Deborah with the fun riding cowboy!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the greens on this & the quote - rather striking with the horse & rider too.
Paula (PEP)

Jen Adcock said...

So lovely Deborah. The gradient colour stamping is so effective and gives it a fresh rather contemporary feel. Modern day vintage cowboy-chic. Love that!

Vicky Hayes said...

Love this blanket stamp and the John Wayne quote is brilliant.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...