Monday 4 April 2011

Birthday cake ...

... is just so appropriate for a birthday card.  This one has been made - just because I can.  It's not for a challenge or even for a particular birthday, but it's a sweet card and it's always useful to have one in the stash.




This was a quick and easy card to make.  I started with a square card which had a pink glitter border.  I found some lovely papers that had come free with Creativity - the Pampered Pet set.  I cut a squar3e of pink and blue paper to mat onto the card.  Then I stamped the plate of cupcakes on the card, and onto a piece of plain white card.  I coloured the plate with Promarker.  I cut the cupcake cases out of a matching peice of paper and stuck it to the card.  I added lots of sparkle by colouring the icing with my glue pen and applying glamour dust!  Finally I added a birthday tag.  Simple, easy and very sweet.

That's all for now.  Back again soon.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

It's great to make a card just because you want to sometimes and not be having to rush it for a deadline. Lovely card :o)
Jackie xx

Tara Cardwell said...

super sweet card Deborah - very cute :-)

Jenny said...

Such a sweet card, lovely colours too.
Jennie X

Anonymous said...

Lovely stamp, cute card.

Vicky Hayes said...

Such an appealing card. Love the inset birthday sentiment.

Stella said...

Gorgeous card; I love the way you added the sentiment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...