Thursday 28 April 2011

Say it with flowers ....

... that's the theme for April's challenge at St Luke's Charity Card Challenge.  This is a monthly challenge and we're coming towards the end of the month, but there's still time to play along with us so I've made another card to share with you.  For the colour inspiration I've used this week's colours from CR84FN - they're lovely.


I'm having a love affair with Cosmic Shimmer Mist sprays at the moment - I love the effect you get when you use them.  And I've used them a lot on this card.




I sprayed the base card with Aqua Lagoon for a lovely soft shimmer.   I sprayed the pearl mist onto a piece of white card and then stamped the flower image over it.  This was coloured using distress inks.  If you click on the picture you should be able to see that the shimmer effect shows through the ink.  I cut out the flowers using my new Labels 18 die.  The sentiment label was cut out using the lovely Fancy Tags dies.

Stamps:  Flowers (Dawn Bibby - I think);  Waltzing Mouse - Sweethearts
Inks:  Versafine - Onyx Black; Distress - Barn Door, Crushed Olive
Spellbinders:  Labels 18 (S4-310) # 5, Fancy Tags Two (S5-030)
Accessories:  Card adn ribbon from stash

Do take part in this challenge - you'll be supporting such a worthwhile cause, especially if you send the card you made to St Luke's for them to sell and raise funds.  If you do send your card to St Luke's, please make sure you put a stamp on the parcel and don't use the Freepost address (we were given it in error!)  Sorry for any inconvenince.   I look forward to seeing your creations.  That's all for now.  Back again soon.

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Lovely card, the spray mist looks great!

Mona Pendleton said...

So beautiful Deb! Love the misted background and fancy label!

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, great effect :o)
Jackie xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Timely colours with the wedding being tomorrow. Love the softer tones of the red/pink. Love the colouring inside the dies too.
Paula (PEP)

Stella said...

Wow this gorgeous; I love that label and the sentiment tag!

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty, Deb! I love the misted background!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous card - lovin the shimmer spray!!

Silke Ledlow said...

So pretty Deb! I'm glad you are enjoying yourself...hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful and fabulously done, Deb! Love the background design and the touch of sparkle! Lovely card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Stunning, makes me want to get more color spray mists (as I only have black).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...