Monday 11 April 2011

So busy ....

... so there I was last night thinking about what I need to pack for our trip, knowing that I'd need the large suitcases.  I checked both wardrobes where they are kept, but no cases.  Then I realised - the ones I was looking for are already in India - Jonathan took them!!!  Doh!!!  So this morning I've been running around like a mad thing!  Had to collect some tablets from the pharmacist, post some letters and then go off and buy some new suitcases, and I couldn't think where to get any.  Then it came to me - Tesco - they sell everything!!  Not always my favourite or top choice, but quick and convenient and I got just what I needed!

I've also managed to squeeze in a haircut prior to my trip - I needed to get it sorted, so it's nice and short and easy to look after.  Actually, the best cut for ages, so I'm very pleased.  Don't think Jonathan will notice much :)

And I've also been busy in my craft room - I can share one of the cards I've made today, but you'll have wait and see for the rest!  I know, I'm being a tease!!  So this is the one I can share.  It's another for the Less Is More - Sentiment Focus.  It's about as clean and simple as you can get!  I did play around with the idea of a subtle image, but I couldn't think what to do and it's only a very small card - 3" × 3" - so I stuck to the sentiment - it's a quote from Albert Einstein - one of my heroes!


Stamp:  Waltzingmouse - Words of Wisdom
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Marvy le Plume - red pen

I've just been checking on line for the temperature in Mumbai - 38°C - that's very, very hot!!  I think I may melt.  But I'm getting very excited now.

That's all for now.  I'll try to post a card tomorrow - I still want to do one for this week's Waltzing Mouse Sketch challenge - but it all depends on time!!  And before I go, I must also welcome a new follower - Hello and welcome to Andrea Ewan, glad you decided to join me :)  I know I tend to ramble, but it's kind of fun!

19 comments:

Susan said...

Deborah, I hope you have a fabulous vacation! I did a quick conversion and it's only about 31°C/88°F here this week. So it will definitely be warm where you're going...maybe it will be a dry heat rather than humid like it often is in Florida! Have a great time!

Your card is fab!! I love that quote..oh, so true!!

Viv said...

Great card again Deborah, love that quote too. Have a fabulous time, glad you gott the suitcases sorted :O) Viv xx

Jan said...

Fab card but couldn't help but think! "Anyone who hasn't made a mistake has never done a LIM challenge" lol xx Jan

Jane said...

Fab card love the sentiment xx

Dori said...

brilliant quote, have a lovely holiday xx

TAM said...

Such truth in that quote - great card.
Have a wonderful holiday

Pauline said...

Great CAs card, and OMG, how will you cope with the heat? When do you go? xx

Mandi said...

Well you couldn't get more CAS that that Deborah!
what a fab sentiment
Now you go have super holiday, safe journey
Too hot for me, don't forget the sun cream
mandi
Less is More

Chrissie said...

Have a fabulous time Deborah!
Thanks so much for doing this super little card amidst your preparations!
It's a great sentiment!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Hope you enjoy your trip Deborah. Fab little card and I love that sentiment...so true.
Jennie X

Paula (PEP) said...

Hope you have a safe journey & take care in the heat. Well done with Tescos too.
Paula (PEP)

massofhair said...

Have a fab holiday and hope we get to hear all about it upon your return.

Very CAS card with a sentiment we can all relate to:-)

Chrysalis said...

Hi Deborah - I must have missed an earlier post cos I didn't know about your trip. I can just imagine how excited you and Kathryn are - not to mention Jonathan! Is he away for much longer? You must all really miss him. Have a wonderful time and come back safely - we'll miss you! xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

So true! Safe journey. Lx

Cheryl said...

Great CAS card...Love the quote! Safe travels!

Stella said...

Fab quote; fab card! :)

Canonbury creations said...

Simple and succinct! Have a great holiday perhaps you'll post some pics when you get back:)
Val x

Vicky Hayes said...

A fantastic sentiment like that needs no embellishment - the red 'never' is quite enough! Hope you have a wonderful time. Vx

Carol said...

Really like your card....it's ALL about the sentiment! Have a fun and safe trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...