Monday 18 April 2011

Bleached flowers ....

... just a very quick post to share another flower card with you - it's for our challenge at St Luke's Charity Card Challenge - where the theme is to "say it with flowers".


The flower panel was made quite a while ago and has been waiting for the right card - this is it!!  I stamped and embossed the flowers.  I then painted some of the flowers with bleach, which causes the pigment in the paper to fade out.  The amount of fading depends on how often you paint over the flower.  So I've made some flowers quite pale and some not so much!  I mounted the flowers on to some rainbow vellum.  Simple!

Stamp:  Elusive Images - Flowers
Accessories:  Rainbow vellum and card from stash; Martha Stewart punches

 Do join in with the challenge - it's for a good cause!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, great colours. I have seen my friends using the bleach technique but have never ventured down that road myself yet :o)
Jackie xx

Tara Cardwell said...

This is really pretty Deborah - I daren't use bleach as I'm likely to spill it and ruin the carpet!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love the bleaching effect and that rainbow vellum is awesome. :)

Paula (PEP) said...

The bleaching is really effecctive on this - I too have that stamp & hadn't thought of using it for that technique but it's ideal.
Paula (PEP)

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Deb! What a fun technique!

GinaA said...

The stamp and punch styles complement each other so well, and I love the colours, must try bleaching again.
GinaA

Stella said...

I can only say that your talents are amazing. It looks like printed fabric; the flowers look subtle and some of them almost fragile. Fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...