Saturday 22 March 2014

WMSFC - Colours ....

.... Hello again!  I'm back with my card for our new colour challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics.  I love the shades of teal and gold, Tara has called it mustard, but I think gold is prettier!  You must use at least three of the colours on your project; I used two shades of teal and two shades of gold.  You must also use at least one Waltzingmouse image, digi or sentiment. 

Mother's Day - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Two Step Sprig; Winnie & Walter - The Big, The Bold & The Happy, The Write Stuff: Leave it to Mom; CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Wallflower
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Soft Sky, Pool Party; Memento - Potter's Clay, Cantaloupe
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Soft Sky


I used the sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL#285, although I've turned the sketch through 90° to make a landscape style card.   I made the base from Soft Sky and cut a panel of white card to go on top.  I stamped the leaves directly onto the panel and the flowers onto white card.  The flowers are really easy to make, simply stamp the base colour (pale gold) and the detail in a darker colour (dark gold) add the centre and then I fussy cut the flowers.  I attached the smaller flowers directly to the card and used dimensional gel for the larger flowers.  I finished the front with a bold sentiment - I love the font used in the word happy.  For the inside I cut another panel of white card, stamped some flowers down the sides and added a sentiment in the middle.

Mother's Day inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to check out Tara's card.  I hope you find these pretty colours inspiring - you have plenty of time to join in with the challenge, deadline is Thursday 3rd April, 5.00pm BST (that's Noon EDT).

I hope you all have a fun weekend planned.  Mine is full of crafty stuff.  Today I'm off to Stampeddler for a class to make a scrapbook page - I'll share photos soon.  And on Sunday, it's another photo shoot.  That's all for now, take care.

signature

2 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Just beautiful - the leaves look fabulous in soft blue instead of traditional green. I think I need to add Winnie and Walter to my stash those sentiments are lush.
Tara
x

chera said...

I love the colours…such a great mothers day card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...