Saturday 29 February 2020

Birthdays look great on you ....

.... Good afternoon! I think we're extremely lucky in Northop Hall, it's a beautiful day with bright sunshine and blue skies, mind there's a freezing cold wind too! Still, we've been lucky to get off with no rain today. I've made another birthday card for my stash as I really do need to have a few more ready. This is a cute, clean and simple card:


Stamps: MFT - Playful Peacocks, Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Onyx, Soft Stone
Dies: Die-namics - Playful Peacocks
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Aquashimmer Brush; Doodlebug Sprinkles - Swimming Pool; Clear Embossing Powder; Sakura Stardust Pens

I'm submitting this card to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#359, I used the sketch, to AAA Birthdays - AAAB#10 where they want Cute, and to Fab Friday - FABF#184 I used their colours.


This was so much fun to make. I stamped the cute peacock on some scrap card, coloured it with Copic markers, put it back in the MISTI and restamped using Versafine black ink, then heat embossed with clear powder. I cut out the image with the matching die. I added some sparkle to the peacock's feathers with a clear aquashimmer brush. I stamped the greeting directly on the card, used dimensional pads to adhere the peacock and finished the front with a few enamel dots. On the inside, I stamped another greeting and added another cute peacock peeking in from the side. I used Sakura stardust pens to add some shimmer to him.


So, what have you done with your extra day? I had a nice walk up to the local shop this morning to pick up mum's newspaper and it was lovely. Mind, I was glad I had my gloves, just wish I'd added a scarf. I found this gorgeous camellia peeking over the fence of a neighbour's house and with the blue sky and sunshine, it almost felt like spring:


That's all for today. I'm off to get some lunch/dinner for the family. Do pop back tomorrow when I have a new Christmas card for our Christmas 24 Challenge. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

JulieP said...

What a beautiful peacock! I love your interpretation of the circle in the sketch. Very clever. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog!

Heather said...

Wow, love this Deborah - I think you nailed all three challenges! Love your coloring on that saucy bird, and those enamel drops are to die for! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!!

Jane said...

Gorgeous colours Deborah! Beautiful card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

stampwithamyk said...

How cute is that?!? Love the little peacock, perfect way to use those colors! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

samantha's cards said...

This is delightful! This peacock is so cute. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Amanda Mertz said...

Now if our challenges colors aren't the perfect match for this peacock I don't know what is!! Lovely coloring and I like the CAS design to show off the image to it's fullest! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Wei said...

Great interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...