Saturday 8 February 2020

C24C - Happy Christmas ....

... Morning! I had planned to share some cards with you this week, but instead I've been finishing off a mini scrapbook that Kat started before we moved to the States! I'll share photos of that later.  However, this morning I've made another Christmas card - it's based on our theme of DRY AND/OR HEAT EMBOSSING over at Christmas 24 Challenge.  Here's my card:


Stamps: Magenta - Poinsettia; MFT - Grand Holiday Greetings
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Rhubarb Stalk; Gina K - Black Onyx
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Cordinations - Black Magic Potion #9; Spectrum Noir Shimmer Brushes; EF - Embossalicious - Poinsettia; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to some, new to me, Christmas challenges - The Holly and Ivy Challenge - H&I#64 where it's Anything Goes, and to Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Christmas - SSC#01 - where they want us to Add Sparkle.


I found some Coredination card in my stash and embossed a poinsettia background, and then lightly rubbed off some of the black to reveal the green core. On white card I stamped this bold poinsettia in Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  I used Spectrum Noir shimmer brushes to colour the image and sentiment. You can't see the shimmer above, but I have a closeup photo below that really shows the sparkle.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of green card and on the white panel added a bold greeting and another image of the poinsettia.


You have another six days to join in with our DRY AND/OR HEAT EMBOSSING challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge - I look forward to seeing what you create.  That's all for now.

signature

2 comments:

Bianca van Tilburg. said...

What a nice card.
Thank you for participating in our challenge.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing you again next time.
Big Hug Bianca.
DT member The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge blog

Tristan said...

Love your poinsettia. Great texture with the embossing folder on the background and love those pops of green. Thanks for joining us at CaSS. Tristan DT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...