Friday 21 February 2020

Merry Christmas ....

... Morning!!  It's really dismal here today, so I'm spending the day inside and playing in my craft room.  I've made another Christmas card for my stash - I need over 100 cards, so I really do have to start early.  Here's my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Pinstripe Background; Pink & Main - Christmas Mugs
Inks: Gina K - Dusty Rose, Soft Stone; Stampin' Up! - Poppy Parade; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Pink & Main - Christmas Mugs
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Poppy Parade; Copic Markers; Red Glitter Card; Nuvo - Aquashimmer Brush; Clear Embossing Powder; Sakura - Clear Glaze Pen

I'm entering this card into the following challenges, Jingle Belles - JB:20:04 where they want to see a mostly RED card, and to 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT07-20 where they have a Cocoa theme.


The striped background on this card is the piece I had left after making the ladybug birthday card earlier this month.  I layered the panel on bright red card and added a strip of red glitter paper.  Using my MISTI (and leaving the stamp in place) I stamped the festive mug of hot chocolate on white card, coloured it with Copic markers and then restamped using Versafine black ink, and embossed with clear powder.  I cut it out with the matching die.  I added shimmer to cream, cherry and red berries with a clear shimmer brush and also added a glaze coat to the cherry.  I stamped a simple sentiment in red and adhered the mug with dimensional pads.  On the inside, I cut a mat layer of red card and on the white panel added a greeting and another sweet mug of cocoa.


My plan for the rest of the day is to make some more cards - only this time I think I need to make some birthday cards for my stash.  I hope that wherever you are, you keep warm and safe.  That's all for now.

signature

5 comments:

Andreja said...

Deborah, beautiful cards you made :-))
Thanks for joining us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.
Hugs, Andreja

SmilynStef said...

love those stripes and the fun stamping on the inside ... so glad you shared your RED with us at Jingle Belles.

Rosmarie said...

What a beautiful and tempting cup of hot cocoa! Love the creamy mousse that crowns it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at 52CCT this week. Rosi x

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, such a fabulous card and the red glitter tape and slanted horizon line just soooo totally MAKE it! so pleased you were "better off red" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

Vicky Hayes said...

Congrats on your HM at 52CCT Deborah! It's a gorgeous card with that festive mug filled with whipped cream and other goodies and I love the background split on the diagonal. If you start now, that 100 Christmas cards will soon be under your belt! Vicky x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...